Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 2K Password Problems

Options
  • 14-01-2002 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

At a LAN over the weekend, the password on my administrator account was changed. Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You might want to try and crack the password file with this password recovery utility
    http://www.atstake.com/research/lc3/application/lc3setup02.exe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I don't know if that will work. You must have administrator privileges the first time you execute packet capture since the last reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

assuming it was done on purpose, then find out who changed your password and beat them to within an inch of their life?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

If your lucky enough to have an Emergency Repair Disk you can run the above crack on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you mean you dont have a spare account with aadmin rights just in case something silly happens?

which reminds me, ive completely forgotton my admin words at home. must change them all again

• Advertisement
Advertisement