Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT and Indigo PINGS

• 27-09-2000 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Well... I finally got my esatclear nomlits account working.... finally a flatrate... Feels great to connect 6pm and leave it leeching stuff until 8am. Also... great when playing and you have to eat or go out or whatever.. you just leave it there.. woohoo! biggrin.gif

The problem is the ping... In CS I get around 200-250 with indigo and 170-220 with Esat... which is good... Since I'll use Esat all the time and indigo is an old chapter...

But when I play on b.net diablo2... I get horrible packet loss and high pings with Esat.

Indigo gives me a ping of 200-250 on b.net which is really good... since you dont notice any lag at that ping rate on b.net. But with esat I get 180-220 and then it jumps to 800-3000!!!!

anyone have a good explination? or maybe some tip?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sounds like a problem at Bnet's end, nothing you do about it if thats the case.

Esat's pings are usually excellent to UK and irish servers, but forget about anything further afield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

what server are you connecting to ???? the usa one's is usualy good for pings i find the europian server though laggy . try switching servers . this means new account thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Only a ping of 170-220 with ESAT? I usually get 140-190 without ISDN eek.gif

Unless it improves your download times I'd say the extra 30 squids a month for ISDN isn't worth it for you

Advertisement