Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/Eircom update

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

read the thread Blitzkrieger.
    £15 per month for TV, Indirect Telephony (line rental is eircom, calls are ntl) and flat rate access at weekends only.
    In other words about as useful as a eunuch in a brothel.
    Call them and tell them this, I spent 10 mins trying to explain that this deal is *****.
    1800 321 321
    good luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Coyote no you got that all wrong, this idea of using dial up for the upstream and cable down was what they would have had to have done if they didn't upgrade their cable, they are upgrading their cable for 2 way why else would they bother their ar$es upgrading their entire network! They could give 1 way cable now to everyone in their cabled areas (upgraded or not) if they wanted.

Their dial up service is just like a $hit version of SNL, modem up, modem down smile.gif

For whoever else was asking, ISDN is Eircom's baby nothing to do with NTL, until unbundling of the local loop no one else can touch the line from the exchange to your house. ISDN, ADSL, VDSL etc. all require a box in your house and a box at the end of your line in your local exchange. For now anyone can only put boxes in your house but not in the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Look peeps just move to Tallaght and ye'll be sorted for e's and wizz (quite literally).

I lot of the NTL reps I talked to tried to turn me off cable internet for some reason. It thought they would sell it like a mad yolk to increase their commission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Dustaz:
    read the thread Blitzkrieger.
    £15 per month for TV,
    Me thought that was cable for some reason redface.gif

Advertisement