Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drop down nav menu..

• 15-01-2002 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Remember when the nav menu up top had stars beside the boards with new post's since your last visit? I really liked that as i use the nav to make my way around the boards.

Why was it taken out?
    Is it ever coming back?

Thanx

Phill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I miss them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

i just said that meself in the boards.ie channel on irc, because i was so impressed with how quickly the front page downloaded.

Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I'll try it out on the default style and we'll see how fast/slow it is.

John.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

They're back! Ah smashin'!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Nice one!
    One of the coolest features here without a doubt.
    If the DB is getting hit too much maybe you could write a cron to update it every few minutes instead.
    Still though,
    Nice One!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

wh00t =:D

Thanx for listening, i hope they are kept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Wub woo Boards admins! :x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

YAY, my life is a much shinier and happier one now. cheers:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

we couldnt write a cron job to do it because it *'s the forums with new posts since your last visit. Since your last visit is going to be a different time to *my* last visit, it has to be done dynamically.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

i just have to do this, I wasnt going to but i have to.

Thank you for giving me and all of us back the stars. Its amazing the difference it makes. Bloody brilliant work.

Thank you

Baz_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Quality 0wnage by Cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

horray! great wrk admins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Even though the pages still load fast, I suspect they may have slowed down slightly? Comments? Cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

they load fast eneough even with the stars. im happy their back and happy with the spped of the site too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Cloud
    Even though the pages still load fast, I suspect they may have slowed down slightly? Comments? Cares?

You shoudn't really ask that kind of question as ppl will go looking for the problem rather than noticing that there is one.

Kinda like with the DVD layer thing!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well done for putting the stars back-

I haven't seemed to notice any chance in the speed of boards.ie loading up, one thing I do notice is that the drop down menu's have gotten smaller?
    Any chacne in making them 1 font bigger to be more noticeable??

Advertisement