Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom mess up yet again.

• 27-09-2000 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

It seems the hacking of eircom prompted them to change all their ftp passwords, though they claimed it would only affect subscription customers. On their webpage, which does seem to have a decent online support section in fairness, the only opportunity for getting my password back is to ring a 1550 number. No thanks, its their fault. I tried emailing them, and was told to ring tech support, who told me to ring the 1550 number. Eventually I gave in and rang the 1550 number, I have tried it numerous times and have yet to get an answer. Other people who have eircom free seem to have the same problem, so hopefully let them know exactly how you feel. I don't feel like paying for their mistakes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep the same thing happened to me frown.gif
    pain in the ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Yup and how much does it cost to phone 1550 even for just 1 mint ( and with eircom you'll be on-hold for at least 10) and multiply that by the number of subs eircom has and what you have it eircom just generating capital. there should be no need for them if they really were doing there job to even change 1 password, they could/should have just emails all subs ( if they can email them with juke mail about how they are preforming...) informing them to change their passes by that would be too easy and were is the profit in that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Eircom released a statement saying that all calls to them to retrieve passwords would be refunded to them in the next bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm not a subscription customer, so will they take it off my phone bill, when I do get through?

Advertisement