Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Popstars

• 15-01-2002 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Im suprised theres no topic about it considering close to 1 million people watched the one on Sunday.
    Funniest thing ive seen in ages :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

how dumb can someone be?

and sinead going...... " can you not bend the rules just this once?"

It gave them a lot more free publicity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

the band is getting more publicity than it could have ever imagined! They were even on the news last night! every1 was asking who was gonna be the 6th member!

I just love when they reject the people! Did you see teh monaghan lad when he was told that he wasn't in the band! "I honestly thought i got in!"

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What a load of unoriginal drivel. RTE as usual copying a POS UK series.

Now we're going to be subjected to 6 morons who think they are talented, great !!!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The idea started in Austraila, IIRC!

It just shows the state of Irish TV when they are copying the UK, who in turn are copying Oz TV!

We'll sell them Telly Bingo in payback..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm yes, you can't drink at the bar if you are under 18, however we''ll let you drink out back in the laneway .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I wouldnt call it copying. Popstars is a franchise with a proven track record, like WWTBAM and Big Brother.
    Unfortunatly we do have to put up with a ****e band at the end of it:/

On the whole, its better than watching Winning Streak (hmm bad example, thats also a franchise)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I just still cna't believe that that girl was only 16
    she looks around 18 is not 19!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

first off i have to say it thought it was the funnyiest hign i had seen in years when she f*cked up on the date of birth thingy

basically how many of you think its all a bit dodgy looking ?
    fixed? rigged u say ?

well i say it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

watched first 2 episodes. judges ? what judges ? all soppy gits....

i agree, it has to be rigged. there was some great performers that should have gotten through.

all in all, it was a bit pathetic

they shoulda got Eamonn Dunphy and Ann Robinson to be some of the judges

Well, i can tell you for an absolute fact that its not rigged. The judges may have had thier favorites allright, but thats kinda the point of judges. The whole age thing wasnt manufactured, altho props on the way they milked it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Well, i can tell you for an absolute fact that its not rigged. The judges may have had thier favorites allright, but thats kinda the point of judges. The whole age thing wasnt manufactured, altho props on the way they milked it:)

An absolute fact you say!? Can you elaborate on that a bit, are you involved in some way. Or are you just taking the píss and it's lost on me? :)

i can also tell you for a fact that it wasn't rigged. I'm one of the band members and if it was rigged, we wouldhave known about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

apparently the guy louis said "it came down to you and a different lad.. you're the stand-in though if anything happens, but thats probably no consilation" etc. etc.. didnt get the sixth place :)
    poor bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Wooh! Another great band to annoy the living shíte out of us :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

The bit that annoys me is that everyone assumes that the six chosen band members are GUARANTEED fame and fortune. Anybody remember the Carter twins? (at least I think that's what they were called!!!!) They were a Louis Walsh flop. A combination of "The Matrix" and D'unbelievables!!!!

Sure, this new band have had great publicity in Ireland, and they have the Louis Walsh money making machine backing them up, but fame is never guaranteed!!!!

well actually when we met with the head of BMG he told us, and these are his words......

"If you try your best at this, and really put in the effort, I guarantee this time next year you'll be rich and famous."

so, i've got my fingers crossed anyway.

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    well actually when we met with the head of BMG he told us, and these are his words......

"If you try your best at this, and really put in the effort, I guarantee this time next year you'll be rich and famous."

so, i've got my fingers crossed anyway.

I reckon he's takin the píss out of ye

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

I reckon he's takin the píss out of ye

I reckon its Celtic Tiger whos taking the piss loon:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Originally posted by Dustaz

I reckon its Celtic Tiger whos taking the piss loon:)

I reckon Loons takin the piss

Well it looks like everyone's takin the píss out of everyone. So we're all fine then. What a load of shíte

• Advertisement

no, seriously though, i am in the final band. and that is what he told us.

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    no, seriously though, i am in the final band. and that is what he told us.

Right. I must nick that rofl image off Dustaz.
    Which one are you?

nadine

Liam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

No no no, clain, you've misunderstood, your wife WANTS liam not is. theres a difference. :p

As for this popstars mallarky, i disapprove to a great extent.
    Louis Walsh should be tarred and feathered for this abomination.
    And held accountably for polluting the airways with the previous tripe he has created.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Galway Advertiser ( a paper so bad they have to give it away) seemed certain today that the gaping void would be filled with Sarah from Galway. they also reckoned that she'd make at least ?2 million in a year through "royalties"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Speaking as someone who knows Sarah Keating (not very well), but knows her father (a fine singer in his own right) quite well, I hope she's not one of the final six. She's much too talented to be wasted on the kind of song that they're releasing as we speak.

No, I don't know if she's made it into the final six, the family are not telling anyone - even their closest relations! You have to respect whatever contracts they may have been forced to sign etc!

I heard the first airing of the song last night on 2 FM. The beginning sounds like a very distorted Sarah Keating voice alright, but the song itself is absolute crap. I fear they are going to be slated from high heavens over that song. It just repeats and repeats and repeats............ In fairness, when most of the other Louis Walsh bands were released, their first songs were reasonable.

It'll be interesting to see how this thing pans out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Liam, say hi to Andy Yellow-cacks for me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by mondeoman
    Speaking as someone who knows Sarah Keating (not very well), but knows her father (a fine singer in his own right) quite well, I hope she's not one of the final six. She's much too talented to be wasted on the kind of song that they're releasing as we speak.

Too late......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

2 million in a year through "royalties"

Obviously the Ad-rag (the pinacle of free urban journalism and only paper I know of that has regular misspellings in headlines) failed to take into account the economics of Royalties. Unlike them we all know that they are related to sales, something a lot of manufactured pop-groups struggle for.

Originally posted by leeroybrown

. Unlike them we all know that they are related to sales, something a lot of manufactured pop-groups struggle for.

And how is life treating you living under that rock?

Advertisement