Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Grr don't get an xbox.

Microsoft already strangle competition in areas of software it decides to annex, with .net microsoft want to literally begin to remove things from your pc like harddisks and own the copyright on the protocols to connect your pc to the net to get this 'lease software' never to 'posess it'. So in light of this do you as a consumer want to let such an anti-competative entity annex the games console market? Remember without competition for Microsoft, Microsoft will be able to dictate how your use your pc.

Before you flame me for anti-microsoftness ask yourself if you would have adsl access if eircom were not a monopoly? The answer is more likely to be yes you would is it not? Therefore get a ps2 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And Game-Network is Italian. And both are rubbish :)

I'm allegedly on the final episode in the current series of Thumb Bandits. I say allegedly because they haven't told me where I'm meant to go for the filming yet, ho hum :)

Typedef - shut up. You have consistently demonstrated on other boards that you have no idea about *anything*, and we don't need you to do likewise on this board as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Now, now rob.
    Don't be trolling your own board.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Typedef
    Grr don't get an xbox.

Microsoft already strangle competition in areas of software it decides to annex, with .net microsoft want to literally begin to remove things from your pc like harddisks and own the copyright on the protocols to connect your pc to the net to get this 'lease software' never to 'posess it'. So in light of this do you as a consumer want to let such an anti-competative entity annex the games console market? Remember without competition for Microsoft, Microsoft will be able to dictate how your use your pc.

I'd reply to this only Bill Gates won't let me.

Before you flame me for anti-microsoftness ask yourself if you would have adsl access if eircom were not a monopoly? The answer is more likely to be yes you would is it not? Therefore get a ps2 or something.

What Shinji said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Game-Network is 100% English and Retro Clip is the best 15 minutes of Tv every 2 hours.

As for "we would have DSL..blah blah blah"

Even Microsoft left Ireland cus of this but stated that €ircom and the lack of DSL was the reason they left.
    I dont give a crap about it, Microsoft certainly wont have a monopoly in Europe or Japan,and i made my mind up, the deposit is down,cant wait for march 14th to arrive.

• Advertisement

Game-Network is 100% English

No it isn't. It's Italian. They've got some offices in London, but all their production is in Europe - hence the European chicks desperately trying to string together a sentence of English, and usually failing dismally.

It's also bloody awful. If they'd just shut up about Legends of Mir for five minutes, that'd be nice.

What i meant was 100% English speaking,or "speaking" as you would put it.
    I thought their London offices had closed?
    I stand by Retro-Clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

xbox.jpg

Do you come with the X-Box??

i've only seen game-network and it's true, they worship LOM. mind you its actually more fun watching it then playing the actual game. :p

i miss the old console wars tbh. back then, the main reason to get megadrive over the snes was decided which one produced more blood in Mortal Kombat.

adnans

I miss [.TV], and the "old" computer channel.
    Violet Berlin has stood the test of time.
    Should we have a thread that asks why?

I also miss [.tv] - it was a great excuse to get out of the office on a Friday afternoon and go down to film some random silly games stuff. Good fun. They were the only people to have a clue about how to cover gaming, too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Yea,whatever happened to .tv? I didnt think it would have a prob with ratiings as at least I thought it was pretty good. Game Over was enjoyable too. So what the hell happened to it? :mad:

The offical word from Sky is, if a Sky produced programme is getting less than 15% viewership, then goodbye.
    I can believe that [.TV] had less than 15% as i had been on a downward spiral from mid 2000 on, constant repeats and it should have aired 24/7, but they still managed brilliance before the closed with "Games Wars", man i want that on tape/DVD.

[PS]

Violet is now on....watch and learn...or not if it another repeat.

Ugh! That X-Box control pad is the ugliest thing ive seen since the Dreamcast one. Another reason not to get the blasted thing, aside from the insane price tag.

Yeah style conscious gaming..what would the chaps at the club think if they saw me with this in my hands?

pim-xboxgamecontroller-0007.jpg

It looks the biz.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What dead bank clerk said.
    AN XBOX BLUESCREENING
    bluescreen.jpg

Pro-Microsoft triades aside don't hit me just because my OS is stable, sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

And that will happen when you play with it at home...:rolleyes:

Its a nice console, the only reason i'm not getting one is the fact i'd have to spend the best part of €600 from day one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    And that will happen when you play with it at home...:rolleyes:

We had enough of that kind of bull**** when the news came out that the Dreamcast was running an MS OS, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

yeah, those controllers suck ... however ...

xbox2.jpg

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

rofl adnans

ukxbox60.jpg
    ukxboxpal60.jpg

and if you decide to import a HDTV :

xboxukprogressive.jpg

• Advertisement

You guys need to check this movie out:
    An Experiment in Physics with Halo

Watch those guys fly!

25mb.

Is there a good reason why you're reposting random news bits from fanboy websites into what was actually a pretty decent discussion thread?

Not to you it appears.
    :)

Also how has 1 post degenerated a thread to the point where you seem to consider if for [ignore] from now on?

Advertisement