Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quickie

• 26-09-2000 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Anybody know why only one of my speakers is working?

The switch was broken on the one that the power cable plugs into so I ripped that apart and soldered the switch so it's always on. When I plugged it all back in though the other speaker won't work confused.gif I've checked the cables and they all seem fine. The speaker was fine b4 the repair to the other one so should be fine now. Anyone expierienced anything like this?

I used to moan about only having stereo sound instead of surrond but god I miss my other speaker frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

How are they cpnnected? PC -> Mains SPKR -> Second spkr? If so which one is not working?

Presuming the balance controls (on the speakers and PC) are still okay try plugging the PC-Spkr cable into each (If they use the same jacks) to make sure one isn't blown.
    If they both respond then open the main one back up and have a look for the 2ndary speaker jack and see if it's been damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

mmmmmm that balance on the PC thing could be it.

The main speaker has 4 connections - power supply, input, sub_out and (dunno what it's called) the connection for the other speaker. The other speaker just has a wire coming out of it to connect to the other one.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

damn balance wasn't the problem. The guy must have damaged the board when he was fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Tis hard to know with out seeing, buy a new set of dodgy 180 Watt for £27

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Don't take Max. Wattage as a sign of speaker quality, or loudness. That's just the amount of power it will take before blowing up.
    CP speakers don't need to handle much more than 30 or so (If even that).
    The wattage of the amp is important, and the sensitivity/efficiency of the speakers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement