Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Line Testing

• 27-09-2000 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Lo all.

I'm looking for a way I can test my existing ISDN line.

I have my drivers and dial-ups to multiple working ISDN catering ISP's set up perfectly.

Eircom 'says' that they've tested my line and that it's working perfectly.

Yet when I try to dial up over the ISDN it doesn't work, 'The computer you dialled into has disconnected you' or some shít.

After talking to the ISP, they didn't even see the connection, so it can't be that.

using 56k modem, it works fine.

Is there any device/software I can get to test my system, connection line to the ISDN box and the overall ISDN line from home.

I don't wanna have to go an buy one of those ISDN phones to do it....any other suggestions?

ta in advance for your thoughts

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What ISP?
    I've used Eircom net, Oceanfre and Unison without problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Problem is likely to be in your adapter setup, if eircom say yr line is ok then it prolly is. Make sure u have the isdn type set correctly i.e european type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I had similar problems, I used to only be able to connect to eircom.net, I was told the ISP wasnt responding for other accounts. I'd try eircom before getting the line tested.

I am inflatible !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I have via-networks, Indigo and IOL accounts.

all support ISDN, none work.

My setup is the same as it was before, nothing has changed, it used to work fine.

(Eircon cut me off and reconnected me, ever since its 'back' I can't get data.)

So yes, I'm set to EuroISDN etc.

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

do something really bad in a former life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Thanks Mills,

How can I get an Eircom ISDN account anyone?

Luc

Advertisement