Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom won't move my ADSL trial!

Options
  • 15-01-2002 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I thought this would happen,
    Eircom say that they can't even consdier moving my trial as I'm moving house (lease is up and we've found somewhere A LOT nicer!). They say that they've a set number of appointments (with their contractor for installation) and that they can't do anything about it.

Now the thing is, I'm moving to a place that is in the same Exchange so (providing the line is up to it) it should only be a getting the box put it.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by TrickyKid
    I'm moving to a place that is in the same Exchange so (providing the line is up to it) it should only be a getting the box put it.

i'm sorry, i could'nt make any sence of your last sentence... are you saying you can keep the trial ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by TrickyKid
    Eircom say that they can't even consdier moving my trial as I'm moving house

It is only meant to be a trial so I can understand why they may not be able to move your connection. Eircom probably contracted out the installing of the trial connections and if all the trialists are connected the contractor has done his job. I'm sure it would only take switching two wires but then this is Eircom.

If you're not moving too far I'd hide a PC with a wireless network card in the attic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

I really should have edited that post; it didn't make much sense at all.

The result of a rather long and heavy weekend of work which stretched into Monday and only finished late; in the middle I had the wonderful news that as and from February 5th while I will be paying more rent and have a much nicer place to live, I won't have ADSL.

Unfortunately I'm moving too far for to run cables through the attic (although I could try and pay that Corpo "ducting charge")

I suppose I was hoping that someone might have an idea of whom to talk to in Eircom; I was prepared to pay an 'installation charge' but obviously they're not allowed charge me it.

So, I'm know going to have to wait for the official launch....AAAGGGHHHH....

Advertisement