Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teasureisland and ... Louis walsh? Worst rumour yet!

Options
  • 15-01-2002 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Originally posted by James_M
    I might point out that Louis Walsh got his hands on the front man from "Blew" (irish band) and set him to be the new front man for his up and coming "rock project" or some such thing.

The press mentioned something about him being the next Mick Jagger.
    I believe Blew were a Treasure Island project and legal complications ensued as to whether he could persue Walshes project. Since then I have heard little.
    Maybe Louis went with his theory that Rock'n'Roll's dead?
    ('scuse the pun)

I may stand corrected

The Blew were managed by Aiden Cosgrave (former manager of 'An emotional fish') and Robbie wootten, previously shamed manager of 'The Hothouse flowers' and now DIR for Today FM and owner The Factory(now demolished) studios.

Mark (singer from the Blew) first met Louis walsh when he was the Judge of the Bacardi unplugged final at the HQ in 1999, which consequentially was won by the Blew because of the close freindship Louis Walsh had with Aiden cosgrave (and needless to say, Louis interest in the young and handsome(?) Mark).

When Aiden cosgrave felt The Blew was costing him money (cause they were crap) and Robbie wootten bought into TODAY FM, it was proposed that Mark was still valuable but the Blew were not.

In an arranged pay off between respective managements involved, Mark was bought from Blue management by Louis. Only then was the plan concieved between Louis and Mark to take on extra (auditioned members) to back him up and form a band with material that was already written and in prodution at studios in sweeden.

The appharent delay in their release is due to projects long since bound to legal time restrictions such as the unveiling of Bellfire last June, the release of westlifes new album in november and the new Popstars band already in full swing and due for release in feb. Mark and his manaquins are expected to reach the front of the queue this summer.

Treasureisland had nothing to do with anything.

That rumour only does more to spread the treasureisland hype than knock it.

Hey James_m

looking forward to the next Serotona gig.
    When is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

didn't you post that at the bottom of the revs list? why start a new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

where did you come from back to front. you have far too much time on your hands.

why not spend all the enrgy you seem to put into this messege board and put it into listening to music huh??? yeah you agree??
    probably not.

hold on i've got hitler and mussolini on hold and franco is at the door day day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

back to front, how do you know all this?? scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Ah c'mon guys, you dont have to get all unfriendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ragga,
    How about you shut up!

Back to front, who ever they are, happens to contribute alot more on this forum than you ever have (not all comments I'd entirely agree with but well made)... You've come on with your obscure influences and that alternative than thou attitude since as long as I can remember, with shifting opionions, self contradictions and prententious flap, but at the end of the day you have added very little in terms of a positive thing to say about anything.

The post made by back to front was informative and also topical all be it relating to another post as o sleep pointed out, but I suspect that b2f didn't want to continue the revs post for the very comments that were made in the post.

I hate havin a go at people and don't want to offend you but f*ck sake, you really come across so arrogant, you may recall that I met you once and you didn't exactly seem on the level then either. Im not into making harsh judgements on people but after reading your posts since you started posting again after a bit of an absence I think I might speak for more than one or two people when I say calm down a bit.

"No you calm down"

"No yoouuuu calm down" etc etc

Trev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Well, in regard to the topic - cheers back to front. I got the slightly "chinese whispers" end of the stick.
    looking forward to the next Serotona gig.
    No gigs planned for us at the minute. We're concentrating on getting our new stuff recorded and all going well get a new single out v soon. Yay!

Until then its lay low unless something jumps on our laps

ps I'm stayin outta this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

trev - if you don't mean to offend, don't use offensive terms, such as 'how about you shut up' etc. not a nice way to start a post. all the things you said about raggamuffin could be said about your very own post, except for the 'alternative-than-thou' remark (which would have to be turned around to mean the complete opposite).

how does raggamuffin have a more alternative-than-thou attitude? because he's mentioned sonic youth twice? because he hates bono*? well, f uck, then so are half the people on this board

*i THINK raggamuffin hates bono, i could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Piont taken about the shut up remark.

However
    My post is not prententious, I don't contradict myself I make my points clearly and concisely, I always try to say something positive in all my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

Back to Front - you are a statistician of some talent ! There are a couple of things that are off the mark though. There was no pay off. Wooton and Cosgrave let the renewal date of the management contract slip by. Blew were free to go without any compensation being necessary. The duo of Cosgrave and Wooton were far from happy.
    I don't agree that Blew were crap either but that's by the by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Their management was a little (too) careless with the renewal issue.

I dont like to shout "conspiracy".

This really is'nt any of my bussiness.

It's a topic that only deserves to have a LITTLE light shed upon it, so I'll do what Raggamuffin should be doing and shut up.

Interesting though is'nt it?....( shuts up )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

if your all a bunch of backslappers nothing will ever get done.

eh i met you once saw your band said nothing as i remember correctly.

Do what you want i could'nt care less.

Yes i do hate bono and proud of it.

And yes i do have an opinion and yes it sometimes offends/........
    deal with it......

Advertisement