Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many mp3s have you got ?

Options
  • 15-01-2002 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, how many have you got ?

After encoding some more cds tonight (Roots Manuva ) I have just over 10,000. Its all on one hd too which a stack of cds. I'll be getting another hd soon to back it up as I'd be distraught if anything happened.

Oh and for the sake of Boards.ie getting sued or something by the RIAA I mean legal mp3s. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

10,000 ? what the hell ?

I've only got 990 odd mp3's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

About 500 or so, all on the one playlist too, but pretty well organised :).

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    I have just over 10,000.

your medal is in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

About 500 but that includes 6 albums to be burned so that'll mean about 100 or so less, I used to have about 1500 but I lost them all thanks to kernell32 dying on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

3,817 files, 15.6GB.

(Had more until I went on an rm -rf rampage clearing out things like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and others.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"After encoding some more cds tonight (Roots Manuva ) I have just over 10,000. Its all on one hd too which a stack of cds"

- why exactly do you bother converting them all to MP3 ? It seems kind of crazy to me. What's wrong with just listening to the CDs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

155 mp3s

Heh...Me feels small! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

917 as of 20 seconds ago.

"why exactly do you bother converting them all to MP3 ? It seems kind of crazy to me. What's wrong with just listening to the CDs?"

Some people use their PCs as Hi-Fi's. Like many of my friends, some are too scabby to buy CDs and they just borrow them off me and convert them to MP3 onto their fecking huge HDs. Lucky Biatches!
    (I have a 6gb :()

And with the money that I used to buy all these CDs could of paid for 2 40gb HDs. Grrrrrggghh!!!

• Advertisement

- why exactly do you bother converting them all to MP3 ? It seems kind of crazy to me. What's wrong with just listening to the CDs?

It's far easier to click and drag an artist name into winamp's playlist than it is to find the cd, put it in, wait for the drive...

How about having a playlist of hundreds of files, and having songs picked at random? Can you do that with a hi-fi?

Yes...but Chicks dig big Hi-Fi's and big CD collections!

Chicks don't dig big Hard Drives and Empeethrees!

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Yes...but Chicks dig big Hi-Fi's and big CD collections!

Chicks don't dig big Hard Drives and Empeethrees!

You're not meeting the right chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by tibor
    your medal is in the post.

Beat me to it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Files: 9939 Total Size: 40781MB List Created: 15/01/2002 18:35:57

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Now lets play "list your mp3 list" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i have 923 3.83GB, i used 2 have about 1500, but then something or some virus converted all them into some format, and ****ed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

454 mp3s, and they all suck.

That about the equivelant of three lady-boys worth of suck.

Originally posted by OJ
    Now lets play "list your mp3 list" :)

http://www.sleepygeek.org/stuff/mp3list.txt (240k)

In true beardy linux man format, plain text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by AngelWhore

That about the equivelant of three lady-boys worth of suck.

I like that Quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Just how big is your hd MarcusGarvey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i have 5644 [dam i need a life :D ] including dance,techno,club,happy hardcore,trance, hardhouse,drum`n`bass,pop,rock,metal,clacisal,folk,rebel songs so as u can c i listen 2 a wide verity of music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

could someone bung onto a hd and send them to...

:D no?

i got 635 had more but got rid of most of the crap, i just have a healthy no. of crap songs now to laugh at when ur drUnk.

Originally posted by irishguy
    i have 5644 [dam i need a life :D ] including dance,techno,club,happy hardcore,trance, hardhouse,drum`n`bass,pop,rock,metal,clacisal,folk,rebel songs so as u can c i listen 2 a wide verity of music

wana list them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

1,634 files -- 5.84gb

..plus another CD or two of napster sh!te which I couldint fecked transfering.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Originally posted by Oeneus

Some people use their PCs as Hi-Fi's.

love that low quality sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Just how big is your hd MarcusGarvey?

75gb , the mp3s take up about 43gb. I hope to get another 75gb drive soon and I'll move them all over to that. It will be the central server in this house and all the other comps can access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I do not have 2422 which means i have 9.45gb of free hard disk space

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

2545 on the Harddrive, over god knows how much space and I'd hazard a guess at about another 1000 backed up on CDs. I have yet to meet a woman impressed by this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

12,000ish most good, some crap

Advertisement