Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many mp3s have you got ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by phaxx
    3,817 files, 15.6GB.

(Had more until I went on an rm -rf rampage clearing out things like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and others.)

good move! it is unfortunate that the bands themselves cannot be so easily deleted*...they too are taking up valueable space.

*note: I wish no personal harm to the individuals in the bands I just wish their music to cease.

I have not very many MP3's it is not worth my time to rip my cds and slow internet makes it a pain in the ass. Mostly I download indie stuff from bands websites that I could not otherwise get and use winmx for obtaining b-sides, covers, live and acoustic versions of songs... also to check out new music before buying a cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

As a matter of interest:
    if u were to press play and let all 10000 play out,
    how long would it play for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Last time I checked, it was ~256 hours, and probably hasn't changed a whole lot since then. I'll do another count tonight sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by phaxx
    Last time I checked, it was ~256 hours, and probably hasn't changed a whole lot since then. I'll do another count tonight sometime.

LOL, I actually did this with my 12,000 and it came to around 29 days, which considering time I'm asleep means even if I listened to them all day every day, I'd only get through them 8 times per year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Headcase
    As a matter of interest:
    if u were to press play and let all 10000 play out,
    how long would it play for?

I think it worked out as 10-12 days continuous play depending on the bitrate they were encoded at.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey

I think it worked out as 10-12 days continuous play depending on the bitrate they were encoded at.

Eh? What does the bitrate have to do with the length?

Heh, DOH, yeah what the hell was I thinking. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking.

Ah, I know how I calculated that now. I divided the diskusage by what the avergage minute of mp3 in mbs is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

How could you possibly have 10000! good god have you nothing better to be doing with your time! lol I'v about 40 :)

Well i suppose i've only had my comp a short while, and i don't have internet access from home, and i can' t bring em home from college cause i don't have a zip drive... a well.

Loads of zip drives for sale on the forsale board atm.

Gwan !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I only have 489! but my feble collection will grow and consume you all hahahaha etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    and lets say he bought them over two years..... then it only really cost him £27,000, which is really just "chump change".

if he bought them over 20 years they would still cost the same ammount.
    (~inflation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"with an album going for roughly £18 " -yeah but albums don't cost that must so your stats are pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

your stats are pointless

Sheesh, he said roughly.

And many albums do cost £18 here in the wonderous infaltion driven land of Ireland.

Originally posted by Monkey
    "with an album going for roughly £18 " -yeah but albums don't cost that must so your stats are pointless
    albums generly DO cost that much unfortunatley!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah I did say "roughly" when I posted that, and everytime I go to buy a cd thats basically what they cost unless they are older albums which you might get for 10 - 13. Also on this point it appears to me as though HMV price cds on the number of tracks they have, this isnt fact so dont get all pissed at me, it's just what I've noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

albums generly DO cost that much unfortunatley! - I've never paid that much for a CD in my life.

I have but thankfully not to often! I love my burner!

I must be buying my cds in the wrong shops then. Where do you get yours Monkey and roughly how much does a cd set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

well i dont have that many cds but the ones i do have all seem to be the same price .49 € without jewel case ;)

well cds put me back 55p with jewl cases but i haven't bought any in euro yet so i dunno the price!

• Advertisement

I pay 55p with jewel cases too, I think it's €.70

let me guess Peats in dublin Precision cd-r's

yeah

Originally posted by Makaveli
    yeah

A four character reply? You're taking after richindub2 and smak, so you are.

i believe that four characters were all that were needed in this case. I approve.

What do you want Phaxx a whole essay of a reply? :)
    I didnt think I needed one considering all I had to so was yay or nay ya know...
    BTW I havnt really been posting here for very long so I dont really know who richindub2 and smak are, so if I am taking after them it's not on purpose

Ah I'm only messing.

Richindub2 and smak are spammers, posting any old crap just to get their post counts up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just like me!

Oh, and my mp3 count is at 490 now.

490! lol mine went up to 540 today it still sux but its better then yours!

• Advertisement

This is a new computer with new mp3s and the count is in at 325

Advertisement