Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

Originally posted by Cloud
    Very nice beaver!

yes he is a nice beaver:D

anyway, where do you guys see all this anime, ive only seen a few (4) and they were borrowed off a friend

so where can i get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Anyone see the Anime movide Street Fighter 2? it was on sci-fi a few times.. i liked it.. did not Like Blue Sub 6

I watch DragonballZ all the time.. im hooked... bad voiceovers aside its good.. new series is about ready to start on cartoon network

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i prefer the dubbed version of dragonballZ to the subbed version tbh, prob just cos I'm used to it.

and I ain't got the cartoon network where I'm livin in galway *sob*, so no dbz for me

sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Clinical-Waste:

It's all out on DVD in the States now. The Box Set is on the way this month... Oh, and the two movies (Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion) are out on DVD now as well.

Loads of lovely box sets coming out. Just in time for MinamiCon (Southampton, March 1-3) too. And me with my credit card all cleared.... I sense Retail Therapy incoming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm a huge fan of anime, Im currently trying to find somebody who would be interested in teaching me how to do it myself... so I can make flash movies and be one of the very few irish anime artists

Check out the Anime Artists UK mailing list - linked here http://www.ryouko.demon.co.uk/ukmls.htm - they ought to be able to help.

Bear in mind though that there's no set "anime/manga" style. Every artist has his or her own style - you get familiar to them after a while, at this stage I can usually tell what studio or designer did a series just by looking at the art. Look at artwork by people as diverse as Rumiko Takahashi, Yu Watase, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto or Masumne Shirow - they've all produced famous anime designs, but their art styles are all wildly different.

So the best advice you're likely to get is to look at what others are doing, certainly, but develop your own style, because emulating that of others will only get you so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Cloud, what's the image on m2a main page taken from?(the guy on the bike)
    Was that one of the series shown late on c4 about 7 or 8 years back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's been changed now.. some blonde girl on it instead.

nice pic

{edit} course, course, it's been changed cos of the new mascot comp. :)
    congrats to Skuld, great pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Shinji
    Clinical-Waste:

It's all out on DVD in the States now. The Box Set is on the way this month... Oh, and the two movies (Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion) are out on DVD now as well.

Loads of lovely box sets coming out. Just in time for MinamiCon (Southampton, March 1-3) too. And me with my credit card all cleared.... I sense Retail Therapy incoming!

Thanks Shinji, I have multi-region so I will check some US sites.
    Can't get enough of Rei & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Beaver, anysign of that tutorial yet, i've been offline for the last 3 weeks due to pc problems :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

It's started, Dave, but I've been incredibly busy at work the past few weeks and this week we're getting new machines in and moving offices around a bit... have to get to grips with a Mac :)

I'll get it finished ASAP.

Advertisement