Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this friday...

Options
  • 16-01-2002 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just a reminder to anyone that is interested-
    this friday 18th playin at peeches club (frazers, O'Connell street)
    are-

estel
    the pascals (pavement/silver jews/sonic youth ish)
    hornby (acoustic emo action from somedaysbetter frontman)

this is all followed by some djs playing 'off kilter' indie toones till very late!!!

p.s. the drink is cheap enough there and they sell vodka smoothies.

if anyone is interested in getting involved with this club please let me know-

killkillkillclub@yahoo.com

:pestel the pascals hornby killkillkillclub@yahoo.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

sounds interesting - but what do you mean by off-kilter indie choons?

i'm sick of going to 'alternative' nights only to find it's more of the same whelan's classic early 90s indie hits.

what sort of music usually gets played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 killkillkill

well, we always have a couple of different djs each night, but the kind of thing i'd be playing would be stuff like;
    sonic youth, fugazi, make-up, blondredhead, le tigre, talking heads, pil, delgadoes, slint,...... and more

what kind of stuff would you be interested in hearing?

if its any good, i mite give ya a dj slot.....

believe me, you don't want me djing in your club. it would ensure nobody would ever EVER come back again.

the bands listed sound good, though. i'll probably be there this friday ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 killkillkill

cool, c u there then...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

what sort of stuff would you play if you were to be a DJ?
    i doubt the only music one could play that is THAT bad is pop/country and western

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 playground

Do you play any Peaches at 'Peeches'?

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    what sort of stuff would you play if you were to be a DJ?
    i doubt the only music one could play that is THAT bad is pop/country and western

um. i just don't think i'd have enough happy music to make everyone dance and stuff. i'd either end up with some Smog song (the doctor came at dawn stuff) or destiny's child. either way, somebody would probably take some sort of shot at me.

y'see, it happened before. kind of. at a party. somebody objected strongly to the tindersticks being played, and in hindsight i can kind of see their point (tindersticks and parties don't mix) but i was drunk and a fight started. unfortunately it wasn't verbal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I'd like to hear The Beach Boys, Roy Orbison, James Brown, Al Green and the Batman Theme Tune.

And I would not like to here a Destiny's Child 10"/12" played at 45 rpm or "Get Ya Freak On"

Advertisement