Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 users Same name ?

• 16-01-2002 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with people coming along and reging a nick name nearly the same as a reg user but with l33t letters or some other silly change that looks 99% the same.
    do i have to reg ever ver of Coyote to stop others from comeing on the boards and posting under the same nick or is there nothing that can be done ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But that's the problem with having a nick and 15 odd new users a day. It's bound to happen.

How do you think the first John Smith on AOL felt when they took off?

And I very much doubt there's a sure fire way of stopping it on the server end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

well when you go to reg a nick they tell you if it's taken already taken thats why they use ||[] or l33t.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

imitating people is bold and wont be tolerated.
    Mistakes happen. Report anything suspicious here.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

... do I feel like reging the nick DeWore
    /me slaps himself for thinking such a thing

This is a nesty subject you will always get some one who honestly always used a nick comes here regs it and its very like someone elses nick.

DeWore :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i always used to use DefWhore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

the person i'm talking about is "c0y0te" he's not doing any thing wrong. just people get mixed up when he posts things and they think it's me. (people seeing what they think is there, not reading what is there)
    I guess there is no way to have the boards set not to take names that are just "|DeVore|" or "DeV0re" if someone has the name Devore reged ?

Coyote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

u could make a pre-emptive strike and register all names that even vaguely resemble your own... I'm sure the Admin's will love ya for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

coyote get an avatar and stfu!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i allways thought that was you

Advertisement