Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT, Doh!

• 28-09-2000 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else seriously pis#ed with esat?
    I usually can't connect to No-Limits from 8pm to 11pm,
    lots of pages begin to open, then crawl, then time-out.
    I can't get a signal on my mobile phone (esat also)indoors and I only live in Harold's Cross!
    And since I changed the landline phone to esat it plays havoc eircom's call management.
    What's the F###ing story ESAT, I want me money back!

OOOH,I hear laughter in the rain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

OMG!
    I thought www.boards.ie were just running very s.l.o.w.l.y, but when I dialed into my Eircom account it's fine.
    This is bad, very bad.
    I've never seen an ISP that could slow down web browsing so much.

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have the same problem with snl, another reason to wait for ntl frown.gif
    Me phone is eircom tho and its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Last night Esat was sh1t slow for me, but its fine tonight.

As regards digifone, i'm a few miles outside kilkenny and get fine coverage both indoors and outdoors.

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I always get terrible reception when talking to people who are on an esat phone indoors, whether I am on my eircell phone or a landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

wasn't just No-Limits, either- Esat's business ISP, Esat.Net was slow as hell yesterday evening, and I use them through a direct leased line connection...

no idea wtf went on, they just better not make a habit of it.

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well Esat are actually having serious problems with some of their router connecting to the UK at the moment. We use Postgem for our office internet connection and the service has sucked all week. I have been documenting the outages on ping plotter all week as we have to connect to distributors websites for product pricing and information.

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Yeah esat was really crap last night and the night before. Although I got an alright ping to wherever that 194.xxx.xxx.xx server is. about 200 with 10 pl smile.gif
    Still managed to bait ppl about the place.

Wheres me new computer wahhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

SLOW!!!!!!....I couldn't even connect, it took a half an hour of retrying to connect to the damn thing!!!!

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

SNL has been fine for me if it means anyfing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's been disconnecting me for no apparant reason for weeks. I hate esat frown.gif

pity ntl can't get their act together and challenge them. Off-peak only at weekends rolleyes.gif I mean wtf?

• Advertisement

Yep, once NTL come along...
    Bye bye ESAT.

....but don't we all know the feeling of driving to town and suddenly realizing you still have your barn boots on....or reaching over to pick up carrots at the store and having alfalfa fall out of your hair.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

OMFG.jpg
    (Pic courtesy of littletinyman)

I think that sums things up nicely smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, thats funny, cause atm beyond all possibility Im connected at 115,200 bps.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nah, that's your port speed, not your connect speed.

Lump, to get your true connection speed (DCE), you'll want to add "w2" to your init string.
    W2 works for me anyway, but you can also try one of these...
      MR=2 S95=0 S202=32S95=1 S95=1

....but don't we all know the feeling of driving to town and suddenly realizing you still have your barn boots on....or reaching over to pick up carrots at the store and having alfalfa fall out of your hair.....

Advertisement