Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance Is Futile! We Own Your Lives....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Boards.ie ticker 1 - Cricket -10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

hmm

Id like to get it automaticly working on say quake.ie without the users having to click it. ie. just have it automaticly appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh the sheer abuse you'd get MP. WAAHHH! I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!! YOUR INVADING MEH PRIVACY! etc. WAAAH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:D I have the l33t idea, and now it's an ickle banner across the top of my homepage. Looks liek teh win :D

for best results it was:

<frameset rows 5, *>
    <frame src = http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php noscroll noresize >

Now everyone point and snigger at my pathetic HTML skillz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Very nice.

(If you click on the boards.ie link - the first one that scrolls across, it opens the website in the toolbar)

• Advertisement

Gah,

I still couldnt get it to work within my webby. Im doing something ar$e for sure. I'll play with it over the weekend on the new quake.ie web site (ooh, new look soon).

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cricket rawks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That ticker tape is t3h l33+!!!

GG - shots all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thats only the best ever!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    cricket rawks!

should I read that in light of the red astericks disclaimer or are you a geniune fan!

Just curious, I know you live in england....
    I hear its popular there:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

cricket does rock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

amazing. great stuff! :D

....seems to have a fixed width though. dosint matter what size I make the applet, it still scrolls along the same amount of space.

...plus, (as mentioned above) the first link to boards / vbulletin opens in the applet itself...

...and bah! the other links load IE.. not my wovely default browser (Opera).

I still like it though... very froosh ineed! well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Cricket does not Rock. Cricket Souls, or possibly Cricket Easy Listens, but in no way does it Rock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cricket Daniel O'Donnell's?

Cricket Saves The Queen?

(Actually, I like cricket, but don't tell anyone.)

adam

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thats brillant Dev
    welldone and thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

IS it me, or is anyone else having this problem
    But when you click on a topic on the toolbar, and it opens up the page, I have to log in again to reply
    Gets annoying :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nope, have you checked the option in the usercp (I think) to cookie your machine?

that doesnt happen to me...

DeV.

Yeh noticed that too OJ :(

Also on the most recent posts list on the front page, if you click on a topic with more than 2 pages it automatically goes to the 2nd page as oppossed to the last post on the 3rd page for some reason!?

Possible bug fix?

yes my cookies are grand, it logs in auto when I visit board.sie manually
    It seemed to actualy log me in auto here when I clicked on the topic from the toolbar :confused:

also, how about getting a time of the posts added in there too Dev?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive had the re-login bug, just the first time i used it.
    I get the other bug all the time, where it doesnt throw you to the next unread post, but 2 pages before that:/

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My understanding is that it throws you to the last unread post in a thread. ie: the last post that YOU read in that thread. (it remembers a kinda bookmark of your last visit to that thread...)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by DeVore
    My understanding is that it throws you to the last unread post in a thread. ie: the last post that YOU read in that thread. (it remembers a kinda bookmark of your last visit to that thread...)

DeV.

By Grabthar's Hammer, that's smart!

eh... but seeing as it's a "most recent posts" list, - shouldn't it take you to the ... eh... most ... eh... recent post in the thread???

You can always go back to see what you've missed.

Just a thought,

I suppose I could recode how VBB works, but I have more interesting things to divert my attention... like the fluff in my navel... there is also some tinsel hanging around that will divert me for hours....

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I suppose I could recode how VBB works, but I have more interesting things to divert my attention... like the fluff in my navel... there is also some tinsel hanging around that will divert me for hours....

DeV

oh look, an interesting lizard......

dev, whats your view on cricket?

and yes i do like cricket. my .sig is there to bail me out of trouble and save small furry animals.

oh, and how does it *know* what was the lsat post you read. after all, i might have gotten halfway through a page and been called away.
    hmmm?
    are you watching me?
    can you see whats on my screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

DeV

eh, no need to be like that - the way it pops you back into the thread where you left off is, as I said, very smart indeed- dead handy.

It was just a thought.

What's next in the grand scheme of 0wning us p30ns? ;) ... e-mail addresses?

/me looks forward to the next issue of DNTK :D

Mr Bard, its what you Hoomans call Hoomour...

Mr W. Man, Cricket is men in stupid clothes, running.

Yes we can see you at home. (The ticker is really a trojan web-cam in software). Put on some clothes too, I just ate ffs...

The next thing we do will be whatever the next cool thing we think of ...

DeV.

Thats good to know then WWMan!
    We must have a discussion about the great game over on the sports board sometime:)

Knowing that DeV. went to Belvo, I'd suspect he either loves cricket or despises it, But who knows! I dont think there is enough interest to warrant a board if the issue was ever brought up, put it that way:)

oh and BTW, fluff in ones Naval is a royal pain in the tits:D

Ok now disrgeard my post on Dev's like or dislike of cricket as we know know he hates it:D

[ Damn inability to type at 100 words per minute, hence being beaten by a new post ARGGGHH!! ]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has the ticker-tape stopped working?

Mine's just a blank white thingy on my otherwise gray taskbar!

<edit>
    Spotted that it's actually a 10061 error on my side - sorry

Won't go away though...

I've had to create a new toolbar to get it going again.
    </edit>

• Advertisement

Advertisement