Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance Is Futile! We Own Your Lives....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    got it working :)

http://www.quake.ie/room101

hey, nice site eric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I fear this new fangled invention will cause us to pass out p45.net very soon. Just under 6,000 to go.

boards.ie Total Threads: 38,720 | Total Posts: 342,610
    p45.net Total Threads: 18,286 | Total Posts: 348,367

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DeVore
    My understanding is that it throws you to the last unread post in a thread. ie: the last post that YOU read in that thread. (it remembers a kinda bookmark of your last visit to that thread...)

DeV.

Yeh, but it doesnt work that way. On large threads, instead of putting you at the post you last viewed, it puts you 2 pages back, i.e. stuff youve already viewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Cloud
    I fear this new fangled invention will cause us to pass out p45.net very soon. Just under 6,000 to go.

hmmm take it.

Any chance of the board name on the ticker to be linked to the board itself?

amp - lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Originally posted by Cloud

:rolleyes: its not quantity its quality :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Pablo
    :rolleyes: its not quantity its quality :rolleyes:

Well from what i've heard from ppl in college, p45 is on the slippy slope to achieving neither.

IMO, its just a total den of inequity. At least with boards there is some intellectual stimuli from all angles with Useful information and discussion going on, not just moaning about your boss or that the bus was late this morning. Gluck to ya if want to hang around p45....Its a free country:rolleyes:, but it aint my cuppa;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Mkay, i tried to get it working. Really i did. In w2k, I right clicked on the taskbar, toolbars -> new toolbar... Entered in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php in the input box, clicked ok, and an error pops up straight away saying 'Cannot find "http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php". Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.'

argh. ARGH. ARGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

tnx wwwman.

Ive almost got it finished. just need to get the content in.

Just talkin bout this on webmaster bd....

I just decided to put the ticker on the stauntonline weblog and am just wondering whether it would be possible to widen the width of the scroller. Possibly around the 600px mark??

Also can the background colour be changed client side to assimilate with the users stylesheet etc.?? It looks a bit like a sore thumb ATM, but if I could change it then I'll keep it there:)

You can see what it looks like here...
    http://home.stauntonline.com [click on the "weblog" link]

just another quickie....

what about including this in the head tag of the ticker page...
    <base target="[b]window name[/b]">

so that all the links open in the same window as oppossed to "_blank" 's all the time??

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

80p ... we had exactly the *opposite* request when we launched it :)

We're going to parameterise it soon:
    Bgcolor, width, subscribed forums y/n etc

So you will be able to choose the boards you want to be trawled by subscribing to the boards you want in the userCP or on the board itself.

Moriarty, thats dead weird, I'm running it on 2k and its sweet. Any further developments with it?

Tom.

We're going to parameterise it soon:
    Bgcolor, width, subscribed forums y/n etc
    So you will be able to choose the boards you want to be trawled by subscribing to the boards you want in the userCP or on the board itself.

Cool, I might take it off my site until then though.
    I'll keep it on the "@stauntonline.com" family e-mail login page though. They'll all be wondering whats goin on!!!
    Any further developments with it?
    Except to say its pretty sweet and I wish I had it during the summer in work...ticking along on the taskbar.
    As a possible suggestion, i just remembered how cool this was during the summer. Cricket4.com had a little app called "Desktop Richie" which streamed the updates from the Australia and England test matches. I dont know how difficult it would be to implement but it was very cool. Heres the link, http://www.cricket4.com/tv/richie.html , the proggie link is down the bottom.

A possibility!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

would it be possable to post the instructions or at least the link on the boards.ie frount page so i can cut'n paste without having to find this link.

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Doesnt work for me in xp pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

It works here in Dnc but after a while it goes blank and I have to right click and refresh it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I can load it in IE, and I can get the front page of boards in a new toolbar, but i cant get the ticker.
    Is it because its "php" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

works

i love it :)

task.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I didn't like the default width either 80c, so I sorted it;

http://sleepygeek.org/stuff/ticker.php?width=pixels

No other changes, except the "off" thing works now, I believe. Soon to be made useless by the next version Devore is working on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I've got it working on win2k, no problems

Sweet:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Phaxx... you want to help me?

I havent written a damned thing about it recently as I've been mad busy and my PHP stinks.

if you want I'll send you what we've got... would you be up for coding a few options into it?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Sure thing, be glad to help out.

Ok, here's what I'm thinking:

Url-options:
    1. Background colour (default white)
    2. Foreground colour (default black)
    3. Width (you've got this one done already it seems)
    4. Speed ?

Also, similarly to the On/Off image, I want to do a third state of "Subscribed".
    So, by default its ALL public boards, click the image once and its all Subscribed boards and once more and its OFF.

I have the code already for the subscription thing (myself and cloud have tested it too) so all thats needed is the linked image.

What do you need from us to do this little lot?
    I can promise you only beers and my thanks for this.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

startbar.gif

Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fs amp, how many shortcut buttons do you need? :eek: Are you really that lazy? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Amp has Unreal Tournament installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i counted 51 shorcuts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

jasus amp ur pc must take ages to load :eek:

That is blatant cheating amp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

works fine on windows xp :D

• Advertisement

I still cant get this working :{
    Win2k, sp2, ie6...
    i do the instructions ...
    Right-click on your Taskbar and go to toolbars->new toolbar

Type "http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php&quot; without the quotes in the location box

Click OK
    But when i click OK i get the following error..
    Cannot find 'http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
    It has an OK button, and fa else..

Im not behind a firewall, or a proxy or nat... direct modem dialup. I cant figure out whats going on :confused:

Advertisement