Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance Is Futile! We Own Your Lives....

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

That's some really good work, i'll be 'avin that ;)
    Useful little thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I have it below my other toolbar stuff, but the writing only takes up about a third of the space, is there any way to make the text take up the whole of the toolbar?

Where are these customisations?

Dead handy though! Thanx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

All I get is text on my toolbar that says boards.ie and if I right click on the ticker and click open in window I get what looks like the ticker but it runs over 10 lines and seems to be royally messed up. :confused:

This is what I get on the new window:

Latest topics on boards.ie/vbulletin
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/www/www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php on line 39
    ..... - Pires: Biggest Cheat in the Premer League? by The Muppet
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/www/www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php on line 39
    ..... - If Sellafield blows, what will you do? by Spike
    ..... - Help ..... Xp Shutting Down Every Minute by Lukin Black
    ..... - Chair lifts and preservation orders? by crash_000
    ..... - Andy van der Meyde`s Volley !!! by The Muppet
    ..... - Final Unforgiven Card + opinions. by NeroTheExtreme
    ..... - Best. Game soundtrack. Ever! by thomasmckinless
    ..... - CS through college firewall? by NekkidBibleMan
    ..... - Isnt our infastructre a mess? by sovtek
    ..... - Any other carers out there? by crash_000

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Thanks. Should be ok now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Ok cheers, I had to mess around with it to get it to fit in but it seems to be grand now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I've just got the small words "boards.ie" on the right side of my taskbar...I can't get anything to happen..:confused:
    what else do I do? I have XP by the way
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

oh I got it...very nice feature pld:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

this taskbar thing does not refresh is it possible to get a line of code to make it refresh every say five minutes or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just found this feature, fairly cool thanking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Only just found this, nice job

Anything on the front of only subscribed threads shwing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

hey this is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Yeah this is a great feature- anyone know how to fix this:

I am using Advanced Browser as default but the scrooling links open the pages with Internet Explorer- its not the end of the world though!

Is "Advanced Browser" set as your default browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Yeah, Advanced Browser is the default, it works for everything else but not the ticker

Ok, I don't know why it would be doing that.

Originally posted by Jaffer
    Anything on the front of only subscribed threads shwing?

There is some code in there for restricting to subscribed forums if that's any good to you? ( link to /vbulletin/ticker.php?sub=true ).

Would you want a subscribed threads feature to just show subscribed threads, or subscribed threads and subscribed forums, or both? (personally I'd like the subbed things to show a combination. And the front page too come to think of it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

very nice job guys, just one little suggestion (im sure you're sick of hearing suggestions by now but anyway) i think it would be better if the taskbar was longer, maybe the full width of the screen, so there would be a whole line of text scrolling the width of the screen, i think it'd make it easier to read

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Originally posted by ecksor
    There is some code in there for restricting to subscribed forums if that's any good to you? ( link to /vbulletin/ticker.php?sub=true ).

Would you want a subscribed threads feature to just show subscribed threads, or subscribed threads and subscribed forums, or both? (personally I'd like the subbed things to show a combination. And the front page too come to think of it).

a subscribed threads combined with the front page would be dead handy if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That's so ****ing cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MgNoia

I am interested to know if continuing education is interested in innovation. Particularly in innovative methodology "Coach -As Teacher"visit www.planetcoureseware.ca/pbilm,htm. Your comments on methodlogy are also apprciated.
    Manuel
    www.planecourseware.ca/founder.htm
    info@planetcourseware.ca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Does this still exist?
    When I do it, it gives a 404 (same in browser window).

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

pwnd.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

ecksor wrote:

is this feature gone, neither the original link nor the ones above work, getting 404 errors for all the links

It was causing us some difficulties. It has been removed for the time being.

Advertisement