Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 20 posts

Options
  • 16-01-2002 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

any chance this could be changed to only include the last 20 posts in your subscribed to forums from the user cp. t'would be dead handy.

thoughts??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I disagree.

I rarely subscribe to posts, and on the home page I'd rather see the last 20 ACTUAL posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nooooooo please dont change the last 20 posts. You find the odd gem while refreshing that page.
    What would be nice tho is another list of the 10 'hottest' topics. Those with the most replies/time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

bard, im not talking about subscribing to posts. more like whole forums. i mean ive no interest and dont think i will ever have in the for example webgames forum (and some others ive never posted in or have any interest in the subject matter).

Dustaz, maybe an option in the cp to either keep the full top 20 or the 'user selected forum' top 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

What about the little flames beside the hottest posts? Where'd they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

we know what you mean and im with bard on this.
    id rather have the top 20 left the way it is.
    i sunscribe only to the work foruma nd thats only because i moderate it.
    i have no wish to have to subscribe to all the other forums as well. and dustaz is right as well, you do find some little gems in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

They became red envelopes or envelopes with \|/ marks in vB.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    we know what you mean and im with bard on this.

Thank you WWMan.

I knew what you meant, smak. I just typo'd when I disagreed with you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭the omen

SMAK GO AWAY AND GET WIDE TO YOURSELF:)

yeah, the wider the better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭the omen

Thanks for agreeing with me:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by the omen
    Thanks for agreeing with me:)

youre welcome

wwm, omen is in my class in college. just imagine. he actually knows me in real life. scary or what! :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

jesus, what IS it with the mind-reading stuff... every idea I've had has been robbed before I announce it!

Are you guys doing some kinda Being John Malchevic thing on me?

Anyway, I thought of putting the subscribed forums on the front page and then thought of bard and WWMans objections to it too... but I thought of a solution as well (aha!).

By default the front page will show the latest 20 threads from all boards but we'll try and put a tab on it so you can switch to a top 20 from your subscribed boards.

The same thing has already been done with the ticker, and we're releasing it soon.

Best of both worlds...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think what we're finding here is that around 6300 monkeys with enough time on their hands are about as intelligent as DeVore.

Another 6000 or so and it'll reach the intelligence level of Regi.

Hmmmm there's a paper in this.

Actually I've warmed a bit to smak's idea- it's not all that bad at all at all... and your solution, DeV, with the tabs is terribly schmarrrt indeed :)

Nice one...

Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich

those tabs will be cool dev! pld!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

And when will we see this in action?

Advertisement