Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk

• 16-01-2002 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

I wasnt sure on what forum to post this but here goes

I ordered from www.overclockers.co.uk some hardware which came to roughy €800. After a few weeks there was still no word
    and i emailed them over 5 times with no reply. I rang their head office and talked to their head of customer care and she said that she would track down the package asap and get back to me but never did. I talked to her again twice and she fobbed me off saying that she was doing her best and would get back to me. My phone bill alone to overclockers came to €40.

Today I found out that a similar thing happened to a friend of mine who ordered off them and even after several emails and phone calls got no satisfaction. After these polite emails he sent one saying that he would get his solicitor to contact them if he did not receive the good he had payed for over two months ago. They replied the next day saying that his account had been refunded.

Can i advise that in future no one purchase off this company their service is a disgrace. Please say to any friends of yours not to buy from them as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ive ordered twice from them and theyve been great to deal with.
    One of the times i got the wrong product and they had a replacement out to me within 5 days.

Im currently having this type of nightmate with dell tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I hear alot of people getting faulty goods from OC'ers, seems to be quite common.

As for nightmates, Dusty, they aint so bad!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I've bought from O/cers without any problems.

And anyway, nobodys customer service can be as bad as the evil scan.co.uk!!! (Hard Drive problem still not resolved)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Just received an £1,100 pound sterling order from ocuk within 3 days. Never had any problems with them, although I know for a fact that alot of people have and I get the impression that they can be dodgy if anything goes wrong.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i purchased 2 45gig deskstars off them a few months back and had them in under a week with no probs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have bought off them with no problem, you are just unlucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I ordered a TA and a crystal orb off them on wednesday, if i don't see my new peice of shiney fan goodness and ta card on monday ill freak.

But in fairness when things go right they are a damn fine company, but its normally not pretty when things go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm the friend the Telgere is referring to and I would never order off these guys again. I ordered stuff off them about 4-5 months ago and it never showed up at all. I then phoned them a couple of times and emailed, eventually they advised me to reorder it. I placed my order again and lo and behold it didn't show up. They took the money from my credit card this time but no goods. After some very polite emails (and more phone call to the UK) they still hadn't managed to send me my goods so I explained if they didn't contact me right away about this my solicitor would be in contact. So within half and hour I receive an email telling me that as they didn't have some of the items in stock they we're cancelling my order. I nearly blew a fuse, after months of waiting they just cancel the order. All I wanted was my stuff but many emails, phone calls and several months later I am no better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i also got burnt from this shower
    i had ordered stuff off them twice before - no problems but this time was a disaster

i ordered about STF£350 worth of stuff off them and after about 2 weeks there was no sign of it, i mailed the many times but no response, next i rang them and was told that it was in the hands of the delivery crowd and it would be with me shortlyl

another 2 weeks and after more unanswered emails i rang them again THIS time they told me they werer out of stock and it would be shipped as soon as they got the stock in - in 3 weeks time ! :mad:

at that stage i decided to cancel and order off someone else, she assured my credit card would be refunded.

next day i got an email saying that they couldnt refund me as i had already recieved the goods, i emailed back them and told them i never recieved the goods, after numerous mails condradicting me they finally escalated it to their CS manager who said she would look into it

she said the contactred the delevery crowd and they admitted that they lost it :rolleyes: and they would refund me

a few days later i checked my CC balance and low and behold there was it refunded, and i ordered it of tekheads today

never again

It seems from reading these complaint threads (and my own tirade against the very evil scan.co.uk - a problem which is still unresolved), that most UK based online H/W retailers seem to have burned customers from time to time.

From my reading, most deals with O/c'ers seem to go OK (mine went without a hitch) but when you have problems they aren't easily resolved.

Maybe with the introduction of the singularly brilliant €uro, we might see opportunities to purchase from slightly further afield. I have bought german H/W before at very good prices, but that was collected by a travelling friend for me. Still, maybe its bad enough fúcking an fully fluent idiot out of over the phone, that doing it to someone with a lesser grasp of English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TBH, its not just UK vendors.
    I ordered a pc from dell on Dec 5th. After recieving no reciepts or even an email i rang them 5 days later. Noone seemed to know who i was or could find any evidence of the order. Cue endless phone calls and speaking to managers and fits.
    20th dec - i get a call back finally from them - it will be with you next week, its just cleared web sales (15 days!!)
    still no sign of it, altho im good mates with the ppl in sales at this stage. Ive ordered before from Dell and was happy, but this experience makes me never want to order from them again and i would strongly advise anyone to avoid them.

If this rate of complaints continues pretty soon no H/W retailer will have a reputation for decent QOS on boards.

I've been burned by the evil scan.co.uk and I have a number of friends who ordered at around the same time as me and are still out of pocket. (I am still in the process of trying to sort out my problems.)

Telgere, meglome and StrataGIST have all gotten raw deals for O/c'ers.

And Dustaz has had some trouble with Dell. (Another friend of mine also had trouble with Dell where he cancelled an order and it took nearly 3 months for them to re-imburse the money charged to his credit card.)

Advertisement