Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for staff for the relaunch of CTYI Bored.

Options
  • 16-01-2002 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey Guys,

(Yeah, it's asshole Bob a.k.a 'Neil loves !!!!!!' [who Neil loves is Neils business, remember me giving out to you about spreading peoples names about at CTYI - well i'm back with a vengence and real power! :P << Fio >>] Bob a.k.a 'You two, **** off. Casey, I like you' Bob)

Anyway, for anyone who was in Session 1 2001 (more specifically E-Commerce) you will probably known of CTYI Bored and CTYI Chat. Well, due to various things I have secured a dedicated server to host the aformentioned projects and some other bits and bobs. Anyway, this time CTYI Bored won't just be a message board, it will be a whole site dedicated to CTYI News and Events, re-unions, CTYI culture and basically everything CTYI.

Well, I am looking for staff. Namely, moderators and administrators for the forums and chat. Anyone interested? Post here, private message me, e-mail me or just contact me via ICQ (102470667) or AIM (Pixel26).

(For those of you I haven't seen or spoken to in ages -- hi!)

Regards,
    Bob Burke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i am a bit sceptical as to whether there is enough traffic for another site - and i know there isnt for another board - but if you can make a decent site it might be useful

i tried on http://ctyi2000.virtualave.net/index2.html to make a site after 2000 but there wasnt enought traffic to make it worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bob [Pixel26]

Mark, I understand and all .. but I am getting this server regardless because I am getting such a good deal on it (Dual 1.26Ghz, 2GB DDR Ram, Dual 25GB SCSI for anyone who cares). However the server is grossly overspecified for my needs so I am going to try and fill it up with as many projects as I can, and I figure that if I can get things going and maybe expand it as per member requests it will justify the time I spend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hey bob, i'm in. anything that gives me power over anyone, i'm up for it :)

I figured you'd be hopping on this little bandwagon Neil, I'll keep you in mind. Anyone else interested?

a bit of free webspace would be nice - is it on a perminent conection and does it have a domain pointed at it? and how much is it costing you?

• Advertisement

Mark, do you seriously think I would waste such beauty on a non-permanent connection? The box will be hosted in a $3,000,000 datacenter in Colorado, this datacenter has been built since Sept. 11th and by all accounts could withstand anything upto a full scale nuclear blast. I am currently testing out some stuff on it on an IP only basis, it should have a domain pointed to it within 4 weeks. It's costing me enough for me only to give out webspace to things I believe in, such as CTYI. And monkeys, made out of cheese.

Edit; forgot to include the actual connectivity of the machine. The center has multiple OC-3s running out of it all connected to UUNet and L3, it also has two OC-12s aswell as numerous T1s and T3s as redundancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

oh! oh! i have NO idea what any of this means (being a computer illiterate pharmacology freak ) but anything that gives me more ctyi will be peachy with me and i will do whatever i am useful for! well, yeah. pictures! lots of pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Ooh I'd like power. Yes power fun. Gimme power. Don't worry I won't abuse it...

}:>

Originally posted by Bob [Pixel26]
    Mark, do you seriously think I would waste such beauty on a non-permanent connection? The box will be hosted in a $3,000,000 datacenter in Colorado, this datacenter has been built since Sept. 11th and by all accounts could withstand anything upto a full scale nuclear blast. I am currently testing out some stuff on it on an IP only basis, it should have a domain pointed to it within 4 weeks. It's costing me enough for me only to give out webspace to things I believe in, such as CTYI. And monkeys, made out of cheese.

Edit; forgot to include the actual connectivity of the machine. The center has multiple OC-3s running out of it all connected to UUNet and L3, it also has two OC-12s aswell as numerous T1s and T3s as redundancy.

well instead of just pointing out things that dont work, ill give you my humble opinions of what people would like to see.

1. many ctyier's have (mostly test based and therefore tiny) websites scattered around the web- and alot of them are really good - it'd be great to have them all hosted on the same server and linked from one page.

2. Photos - lllloads of photos

3. look around my ctyi 2000 site - some of the ideas werent half bad - like free for all quotes - i love quotes

ohh yeah - bob, have you been extorting money again ;-) anyway, you dont actually own the server do you? those things cost a fortune - you might try and sublet some space to cover costs

i will offer my humble skills (dont judge me by my crappy ass work in ecom) as much as they are avaliable. in 2 months i might have more time. at the moment i sleep 16 hours out of every 24 - im not in the best of health.

good luck bob and i hope you can create a nice little community

alaskagirl, imp; I'll keep you guys in mind for moderators on the forums.

Mark; I lease the box on a monthly basis and it gets updated with the latest hardware every 3 months with the old parts being sold or re-used in other servers. It's costing me enough to rule out the €49.50 RHCP concert in July aswell as various other things (I'll still be at CTYI 2002 though). I won't be sub-leasing space though as things only turn out messy, I will be offering sub-domain hosting for any and all CTYI sites (eventually).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Count me in. Should be good for a while at least.

-Rob

Rob, will do. You still got that inflatable see through rubber dildo (or whatever it was last called) that you had at the awards ceremony that you found in the dirt on the third or fourth last day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'd like back my needless position back, Bob.
    ie:
    3l33t s3X10n
    and the sapm board

and some others.
    ---
    www.geekcode.com

Bob, that "plastic dildo" as you call it, was a legitimate plaything found in that small room where we had RA meetings near the end of CTYI. I did not find it in the dirt, however it might have gotten dirty after I whipped Bref so many times, he he he. I still have it, the air is going out though.

-Rob

Rob, hehe, "legitimate plaything" my ass. It was a glorified dildo that had no purpose on earth other than to annoy Bref and amuse the rest of us.

Hugh, will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I'm up for it...

More CTYI and POWER!!

hehe...count me in anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

that whip...
    let me set the scene when rob found it

before the ra meeting, we were (as ever) hyper, rob probed behind the radiator, and fount IT!
    He began whipping me (among shouts(mostly from me) of "Kinky")
    Then came along the woman who wrote the ****E ctyi official website. we had, that day, ripped apart the site in print in class. i was the test subject who had not taken it seriously and given answers such as

mark : :(
    result: This task was mentally scarring

she got our names and went off to the site director. we never saw her again.
    -
    its all true
    http://www.textfiles.com/conspiracy/
    http://www.textfiles.com/conspiracy/ctyi

That was funny when you slagged the **** out of her website and she tried her best not to roll into a little ball and cry......hehe.

-Rob

Rob, you got AIM, MSN or ICQ? Whata re your contact details for whatever one it is you use? It's been damn long since we talked.

Originally posted by Elvish
    That was funny when you slagged the **** out of her website and she tried her best not to roll into a little ball and cry......hehe.

-Rob

that was me a fio's hared work i believe - well more fio's hard work

• Advertisement

sisob, yeah. I didn't volunteer to critique the site because my compassionate side would not let me rip an innocent old woman to threads. Or maybe I was lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Bob [Pixel26]
    sisob, yeah. I didn't volunteer to critique the site because my compassionate side would not let me rip an innocent old woman to threads. Or maybe I was lazy.

I dont remember us volunteering, i think it was cause me and amrk were just sitting round doing nothing. And that woman was nice. and be nice.

<< Fio >>

Advertisement