Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP & Refresh Rates!

Options
  • 16-01-2002 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what user experiences you were all having with XP and it's refresh rates.

I'm especially interested in hearing from gamers playing directX and opengl based games.

Apparently in opengl it will default to 60hz and in directx it defaults to 75hz.

I found a little more here

I think it's quite ironic that in windows 98 it all works perky and now with their glossy new os it doesn't..............if you go to the microsoft site you can find a submissions page to tell microsoft about the problem. If yo have Xp and have had problems I urge you to submit a formal complaint stating that microsoft should integrate the optimal option as was in 9x and that you think that they should release a patch to fix the refresh rate for all resolutions because even if you do fix the refresh rate in 1024x768 as soon as you change resolution it will default back to 60hz...........seems a bit silly to me, especially seeing as in win9x ti defaulted to the optimal setting which also saves your eyes from a considerable amount of strain.

This is not bashing aimed at microsoft and pls don't flame it I'm interested in hearing how you fixed the problem for yourself :) or if you still have the problem and what you've tried.............there are all sorts of stories going around about this atm.

Comments

Advertisement