Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer parts

• 22-09-2000 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good places to get parts for a computer i.e. cpu's, hard drives, motherboards, cdroms memory etc.

I thinking of putting together my own computer to my specs rather than getting some a**hole to do it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Peats are worth checking out for components - or a company like MCI in Tallaght (phone 01-4511325) can build your PC for you to whatever spec you want (and they're damn good too -that's where I got mine).

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

I'm thinking of buying a abit or asus motherboard from www.marx-computers.com

Prices seem reasonable but I'm still looking.

[This message has been edited by koloth (edited 22-09-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Marx-computers does look like a good place and prices do look resonable. Does anyone know how reliable they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Could be a relative of Karl smile.gif

no, i have never heard of them, but they are irish, so you can bring stuff back at least. Their prices seem a little excessive, the abit be6-2 costs 163 there, 160 in peats, and only 130 from me smile.gif Their cpu's are also way over priced

Any where do you work Gerry?

• Advertisement

I work for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

why not ask everyone on the boards what they can get for ya . most of the lads hear can get you anything that you like . ask gerry . or then failing on that ask gerry . he should be able to get you anything that you are after .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pazzy

IT Direct seem to have the best prices on most things - much better than peats anyway, dead expensive. they are www.itdirect.ie

Actually, forget about the be6-2 for that price, it took me a month to get them, I 'll have to see about getting them from america in future. The Droog? my email is in my profile? (No jokes please)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Keeks - Get the ABIT BE6-2 from Gerry. Great board. Good price.

Gerry - Maybe you and I can do business? (no jokes lads please) Can you give me any contact info here?

• Advertisement

Cheers lads for the info!

Advertisement