Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fox Rox

Options
  • 17-01-2002 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I liked the sound of "going underground"on fm104 but then I listened to it. Didn't think much of it at all.I listened for about an hour and heard maybe 3 or 4 bands I knew of. Now don't get me wrong I'm not against them playing new or not very well known bands but at least play some good stuff. Well anyway i was really disappointed so I thought there must be some people out there who felt the same. But thankfully I know a station that plays decent music (or at least what i would consider decent music- SOAD, tool, green day, blink, etc. and some of the lesser known bands - nickelback, 3 doors down, tantric, etc.) So if you're like me and don't really have any reason to listen to Irish radio then go to: www.cfox.com Its a Canadian station called The Fox and as their slogan says "The Fox Rox" and it really does- believe me. They are also way ahead of Ireland when it comes to music being released- songs that areout now over here, i have heard months ago on it.And BTW no i dont work for them or have any connections to them before anyone asks,I just thought I would share this discovery with people. K cya bye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Most of the bands you listed are American right? Well wouldnt a Canadian radio station have the songs before an Irish one considering songs that are on the radio are usually released as singles, and songs by american artists are generally released in America long before they are over here, it would explain why you heard said songs on this station months before you heard them here. Just my assumption though, I could be amazingly wrong and if I am please correct me ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Yeah you're right but I was just saying that it is another advantage of it- that it gets a lot of the music I like before we get it here. There doesn't seem to be too many european bands who play this kind of music and are good (granted, you got Rammstein and so on) but as a lot are American the Fox gets it earlier.
    :)

Advertisement