Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phones

• 17-01-2002 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

ok i don't know if this is the right forum to be posting this but..

what are the best deals out there for mobile phones. I am talking about Speakeasy, Ready to Go or Meteor.

Like does Meteor have any coverage at all.

What are the differences in call charges(i don't want to go on contract-but is this wise)

and also what are the better phone models. The brother was telling me that Nokias are unreliable. So would the Siemens C45 be a better job than the 3330. I need the input. My 5110 is about to finally give up the ghost and stop working-the screen is already knackered.

oh and do most phones have vibrate alert on them

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Nokia aren't unreliable, I would say they're the best, easiest phone to use around. Motorola are a bunch of árse, siemens are pretty good, but the battery life on C35, S35 and those models is shíte, there's a nice new sony one... don't know the model number.
    I'd go for Nokia... the 3210 and 3310 are fine pieces of kit.... I find them reliable and sturdy, with a decent battery life...
    Meteor's coverage is pretty crap outside Dublin as far as I know.... If I were you I'd go ready to go, but just go to their web-sites and check out the call charges....

Ready To Go

Speakeasy

Meteor

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

All I cna say is don't go for the new Song one, its shíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by OJ
    All I cna say is don't go for the new Song one, its shíte

Sony ??
    well i have to disagree
    they rock :)
    VERY light and slim - a but long with the ariel
    navagation os really handy with the wheel and its full of features :)

im a happy sony user anyway - heres a pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've always used Motorola's 'cos that's just what I likes, and all their new ones have vibrate alert. I never liked Nokias. Too Microsoft/Happy Shiny/Kid's toy type phones.

As for providers: Eircell/Vodafoe have the best overall coverage, but the most expensive prices/coustomer service. For people that like to make calls regardless of time of day, meteor have the best prices, but the worst coverage. Go check their prices out yourself is the best thing.

www.eircell.ie
    www.digifone.ie
    www.meteor.ie

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Syn-Boy

I would have ot agree that nokia fones are pretty reliable, they have good battery life. they are also easy to use and are always first with new and better features. i have had a 5110, 3210, 3310, 3330, 7110 and now im using a 6210. Eircell is definetly the best network in terms of service n coverage, well for bill customers anyway, the disadvantage of eircell is that the E-Merge Site doesnt have the 500 free texts like the Dol.ie Site.

And in my opinion u should get a metoer fone, they are cheaper and i can unlock them for the small fee of €10. You will save money this way if u use ur old sim(handy) and if u are not going for a contract

• Advertisement
Advertisement