Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win xp & zip+ probs

• 17-01-2002 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi folks,

A friend of mine gave me a pressie of a zip+ the other day with an install cd, tried installing but was not compatible with xp, so I did the obvious of downloading the latest drivers from the iomega website, installed no probs but the drive is not showing up in my computer, the drive is connected to the parrell port using the autodetect cable. Do you need a zip disk in the drive first for it to show up? (I haven't got a zip disk handy yet) & also when I boot up xp it now says cannot find remind.exe and xp starts checking the 3.5 floppy drive for something, can anyone else help cause I was on the net for 4 hours downloading software & I don't to give eircon anymore money the b**stards

please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

A zip plus?? Ohhh Jesus!! They're a bunch of shíte... I worked for Iomega tech support and they're crap....you should try using a standard parallel cable instead of the autodetect cable... also whip into your system BIOS and set the parallel port mode to EPP, if there's an option between EPP 1.7 and EPP 1.9 then 1.7 is usually the way to go.
    Whip into you device manager and make sure the drive is listed under disk drives.
    I actually never really worked with XP and zip drives except for my own zip 100 parallel, but it shud be simple enough. Just keep fúckin with it. The most popular fix was installing it yourself manually, i.e - browse to the software through add new HW yourself and install it... but as I said I left Iomega before XP was out, and it could be that the zip plus isn't supported under XP.

When I worked there, if your zip plus wasn't workin you could ring up tech support, and get either a new zip scsi or a zip parallel and a couple of disks as far as I recall... even if it's out of warranty. Obviously use this as a last resort and don't tell them that you know about this "appeasement" :)
    I'll look into it a bit further myself as well tonight on my own system...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

thanks for the help, The guy who gave the zip+ was Paulo (dutch guy) who worked in iomega about a year ago, can you let me know how you get on 2nite.

thanks again

Advertisement