Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Dev listening

• 17-01-2002 10:59am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

If you are Dev. please take a look at this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=343981#post343981

The reason I did not "Report this post to a moderator" is that I feel it probably would have been reported to Shinji himself (as he is a mod. of the games board).

I doubt I would get away with such behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Fantastic idea.... we should get a mod flaming board, where only moderators go to fúck each other up.... none of us "normal" people are allowed post, we only get to watch, and laugh....especially when it gets real personal like thread linked above.

Or have we already got one? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Fantastic idea.... we should get a mod flaming board, where only moderators go to fúck each other up

Thats a brilliant idea!!! :D go head to head with WWMan wooo baby :D

(not that i don't love ya wwman, its just u'd be fun to fight with ;)) ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I locked it, but then after re-reading some of the childish nonsense it contained, I could find no value in the thread at all.

So I deleted it. And that's probably only the 2nd or 3rd thread I've ever deleted.

Apologies to the people who read it and those who didn't get to witness this display of spectacular muppetry.

And the moral of the story? If you've got personal problems with another person, deal with them in private.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Played.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I, infact, absolutely love the idea of a Moderator Domain Board, were the mighty authorities can whinge, moan, flame and insult eachother over their petty difference... I could (Without any hinderance) post some amazing rants and watch you buggers try to understand my incoherant moaning...

Oh, what fun it would be... Oh, and Amp STILL reeks of cheese :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

But what do us mere mortals do?

I have reports quite a few threads by moderators in their own boards howerver as the reports go to them nothing has happened.

Who watches the watchers?

The admins. we feer them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by azezil

Thats a brilliant idea!!! :D go head to head with WWMan wooo baby :D

(not that i don't love ya wwman, its just u'd be fun to fight with ;)) ROFL

YEAH!!!!
    fluffy man-love!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

If Dev ressurects that thread to have a read (which im sure he can do), he'll see that I started a thread with a perfectly valid point and Shinji decided to try and ridicule me with his usual comic shop owner bullshít. I was merely responding which afaik I am perfectly entitled to do. I think bubbles' nazi card summed it up perfectly.

Originally posted by Zero
    If Dev ressurects that thread to have a read (which im sure he can do), he'll see that I started a thread with a perfectly valid point and Shinji decided to try and ridicule me with his usual comic shop owner bullshít. I was merely responding which afaik I am perfectly entitled to do. I think bubbles' nazi card summed it up perfectly.

stop sulking.

i mean, does it really bother you?

no, i didnt think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

comic shop owner bullshít.

You really should stop using that phrase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

why? It sums him up perfectly. Typical net-nerd with a holier-than-thou bullshít attitude who decides to have a go at me. And like Samson said, if he had started that, Shinji would have had it closed in 2 seconds along with a ream of comic shop owner admin shíte. One bullet for the whole bleedin lot of em.

why? It sums him up perfectly. Typical net-nerd with a holier-than-thou bullshít attitude who decides to have a go at me. And like Samson said, if he had started that, Shinji would have had it closed in 2 seconds along with a ream of comic shop owner admin shíte. One bullet for the whole bleedin lot of em.

lol
    plyd!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    But what do us mere mortals do?

I have reports quite a few threads by moderators in their own boards howerver as the reports go to them nothing has happened.

Who watches the watchers?

Actually when you report a thread it comes to the admins, as well as the mod in question so if its about the mod we'd look very dimly on it being deleted or altered.

To be fair to the mods, very few of them are ever out of line. Even Shinji :p

This is simply a clash of personalities. Zero and Shinji are vastly different people. Both have a different style of temper. Neither of them is well known for keeping their tongue in check. Both of them dislike each other. Mix in a thread, light blue touch paper and retire (far away).

Alternatively you can do as Amp and WWMAN and bait the pair of them like punters at a bloodsport meeting :)

Come on now, if I had to stop and do something everytime Zero or Shinji throw a spaz at someone I'd be even busier then I am..
    When they throw a spaz at each other it has the potential to feedback loop into itself and create a blackhole the size of the internet sucking all known intelligent discussion into it.

Amp saved us all you know. We should thank him. If it wasnt so physically nauseating a concept.

Call me when it gets to physical threats... :)

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore

Call me when it gets to physical threats... :)

DeV.

i'll save you ring side seats as long as you dont threaten to break it up this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

You really should stop using that phrase!

I'm with doctor loon on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yeah, this happens ALL the time.
    Zero posts something, and is normally in the right, only to have it locked or deleted by some left wing Shinji loving, in this case Amp.

This isn't even funny anymore, the corruption on the boards due to people sticking with their drink mates, and probably bum chums knowing shinji is getting alot more noticable....

Isn't this how Nazi Germany started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I dont think the nazis were particularly noted for their bleeding heart left wing tendancies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah you're just still pi$$ed about the abuse you got about your russian wife/love slave/gardener :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by DeVore

To be fair to the mods, very few of them are ever out of line. Even Shinji :p

This is simply a clash of personalities. Zero and Shinji are vastly different people. Both have a different style of temper. Neither of them is well known for keeping their tongue in check. Both of them dislike each other. Mix in a thread, light blue touch paper and retire (far away).

Come on now, if I had to stop and do something everytime Zero or Shinji throw a spaz at someone I'd be even busier then I am..
    When they throw a spaz at each other it has the potential to feedback loop into itself and create a blackhole the size of the internet sucking all known intelligent discussion into it.DeV.

OK fair enough I realise that you're busy and that this on most occassions can be looked away from, but just going back to previous discussions about certain boards going to the dogs in regards to the users, I feel that sometimes it would help if the mod's didn't encourage.

As i've said before, the younger users here are lead by example.

Maybe i'm out of line, maybe i'm wrong, but hey.....i'm just sticking in my 2 cent's worth.

Cut out the muppetry at the source ie. the users, but stop any indication from mods that it is looked upon as ok under ANY circumstances to act in a hostile manner.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bubbles
    Zero posts something, and is normally in the right, only to have it locked or deleted by some left wing Shinji loving, in this case Amp.

I don't care if Shinji and Zero are humping each other or throwing grenades at each other. I don't even care that compared to them I'm a complete newbie. I delete flames that have ceased to be relevant to the board and have descended into personal insults. I let that one go the distance longer than I should have, cos I thought one of them would have copped on sooner.

This isn't even funny anymore, the corruption on the boards due to people sticking with their drink mates, and probably bum chums knowing shinji is getting alot more noticable....

[insert Set My People Free card here]

Total times I've gone drinking with Shinji - 1*
    Total times I've gone drinking with Zero - 2*

*These are estimates as I was drinking at the time.

Yeah, quick! Time to post your password and commit suicide! Run! Run! Ze Germans are coming

I'd be annoyed by this, if I could take Bubbles seriously, which I can't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by bubbles

Yeah Yeah Bubbles now go off and continue shopping :)

As for Shinji & Zero hire a venue and let them go at it !!!
    (Oh I'm waiting for Zero's witty response to this post now ;))

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Well, at least you cared enough to reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Well someone was going to say this eventually so it might as well be me:

Can't we all just get along?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Typical net-nerd with a holier-than-thou bullshít attitude who decides to have a go at me.

Yeah Shinji, BACK OFF, that my job ;)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

This is exactly why we should create the "Higher Power" Board (For Mod's / Admins)

That way, whenever there's a catfight like the current ones going on at the present moment, we'd have the ability to look over them from time to time and have a jolly good chuckle (Unless your a serious bugger, who takes out life long grudges and has strangely lost the muscles in their face, granting them the ability to smile once in a blue moon). Rent out a venue for a night and let things rip!? Pffft tut tut etc, actions aren't as good as words when it comes to Boards.ie...

Give it consideration lads... And as for "Can't we all get along" - Do you really want Boards.ie to be a permenantly happy, jovial land full of smiling gits, PM'ing pictures of flowers to eachother all the time!? I sure as hell hope not, and if things do turn out that way, It's guaranteed that things would get awfully boring, awfully quick...

Without situations like these, there would be barely any fun, and besides, things are more enjoyable when there's a clash, and at the present moment, I can't see a better clash than Shinji and Zero...

Actually, screw you guys *Rolls Up Sleeves* Im sick of this malarchy - You wan't a cat fight, I'll give you a bloody good text based one *grrr snort etc*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

*slydice girly slapping Ropedrink, your such a bully

SUITS YOU SIR OH!!!!

WHATS THAT YOU SAY SIR? SHINJI'S PROMISED YOU AN ASIAN PIMP CANINE BRIDE, OH SUITS YOU!!

BUT WHATS THAT YOU SAY? ZERO WANTS TO BE YOUR ASIAN PUPPY GIRL? OH SUITS YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yer all maggots fore so cos this allways happens

Listen to me, little man - If your not careful, you'll find your skull attracting a plank, and your forehead will accomodate the nine-inch nail of confusion...

*Rarf* *Snort*

like what?

/me puts on condom and repeats what he said last post?~??

mewmew

• Advertisement

To be quite honest Slydice, I don't think your average condom would protect you from a Plank with a Nail in it, but hey, it's your call...

OH NO, you see whats he's got now, A plank with a nail in it.

You know what that means,,, soon he'll make bigger planks with even bigger nails and then there'll be no stoping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...and they say girls are bitches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

thank god ms apps/os is going grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Lads, This not real life!!!!!!
    It is a web page where you type in mostly un-important stuff and read other peoples un-important stuff...It is light relief from (work) or (your sad life) delete as apllicable.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks for that addition to our sad lives....

I think you've been hanging out on the wrong boards. Try Politics or humanities for a good debate. Humour for a laugh. Film Music TV etc for something to do this evening. Technology to help you with that job you seek to evade.

What exactly ISNT real life about this site?
    Curious...

DeV.

• Advertisement

The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Board methinks! ;)

Ok, I'll go back to my cabbage patch now - Thanks for letting me relieve inner tension and stress, Slydice, although I'd be awful edgy around a guy who wears super strength condoms on his head in the local pub...

I suppose they help compress the hangover monsters or something...

Good day.

Does this mean i owe you a pint??? ;)

/me needs to get more sleep and drink... well drink neways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ROFLOL Bubbs just saw your siggy - Brilliance pure Brilliance :)

Gandalf.

Advertisement