Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought it was funny

Options
  • 17-01-2002 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Aer Lingus Flight 101 was flying from Heathrow to Dublin one
    night, with Paddy the Pilot, and Shamus the co-pilot. As they approached Dublin airport, they looked out the front window. "B'jeesus" said Paddy "Will ye look at how fookin short runway is! Dis is gonna be one a' de trickiest landings you're ever gonna
    see!"You're not fookin kiddin, Paddy" replied Shamus.
    "Right Shamus. When I give de signal, you put de engines in reverse" said Paddy. "Right, I'll be doing dat" replied Shamus.
    "And den ye put de flaps down straight away" said Paddy. "Right, I'll be doing dat" replied Shamus.
    "And den ye stamp on dem brakes as hard as ye can" said
    Paddy. "Right, I'll be doing dat" replied Shamus "And den ye pray to de Mother Mary with all a' your soul" said Paddy. "I be doing dat already" replied Shamus.
    So they approached the runway with Paddy and Shamus full of nerves and sweaty palms. As soon as the wheels hit the ground, Shamus put the engines in reverse, put the flaps down, stamped on the brakes and prayed o Mother Mary with all of his soul. Amidst roaring engines, squealing of tyres and lots of smoke, the plane screeched to halt centimeters from the end of the runway, much to the relief of Paddy and Shamus and everyone on board. As they sat in the cockpit regainingtheir composure, Paddy looked out the front window and said to Shamus" Dat has gotta be de shortest fookin runway I have EVER seen in me whole life".

Shamus looked out the side window and replied "Yeah Paddy,
    but look how fookin wide it is!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

hehehe.......brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

hehe, didnt c that coming, v good!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

lol good 1!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hehe, it was kinda funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

be jaysus dat was fantashtic

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

heheh, good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol nice 1 mate ;)

Hey Kolodny good to see you again through the purple haze. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

rofltomato :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement