Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recasing stuff

Options
  • 17-01-2002 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I have a PSX (one of the newer revisions - no parallel port on the back),m a MegaDrive1 and an Amiga at home.
    I'd like to combine them all into one cabinet connected to one TV with the controller ports fitted to the front.
    The PSX would nearly be the easiest for this as the game ports and CD mechanism are on ribbon cables (cept for a small plastic band from the CD). The Amiga600 would be the next easiest, but not by much. Only the keyboard and FDD are ribboned.
    The Mega Drive would require desoldering of several parts to remouint them.
    Would be class though :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Something like so ? http://www.markblanco.com/pic/ps2cab4.jpg or do you mean all mounted in a pc chassis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

eyah, something like that, but maybe a bit ambitious. I do however have an old AT case lying around that I'm not doing anything with.
    Have to get a desoldering kit and some ribbon cable wide enough for all the mega drive's connections.
    I wonder if it's possible to overclock an Amiga?

Oh - forgot to mention - I got the smoothwall iso (www.smoothwall.com) and I'm going to plonk it all into a compact quiet case if I can.
    Spec will be like this:
    32megs EDO ram
    P120@133 or maybe higher :)
    1meg graphics card - need to cut down the backpanel to fit - unless I can get a riser card
    1x 10MBit Realtek NIC (for internal network)
    1x 10MBit Dlink ISA Nic (for external connections)
    850Meg hdd (unless I find another one)
    4x CDrom for initial installation only.
    Might have a 256KB cache stick too, don't know yet.

Only problem is getting the fast permanent connection that requires a Firewall.........
    GalwayWAN maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

you can overclock anything with a cpu.

yeah, jut now to find that long-lost utility and/or hardware hack top do it.........

/me goes off and learns Nordic

• Advertisement
Advertisement