Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Luchtime News (broadband)

Options
  • 17-01-2002 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

i was watching thr RTE 1 lunchtime new today and there was a slot on Broadband and on how companys need it (no mention on resedential people) it talked about how ireland was the 'E-Hub' of europe and other countrys view on us , not mind blowing stuff but it was talking on how the goverment should come into play and get off there arses , anyone else manage to catch it ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I haven't got Real Player installed at the moment, but I guess you mean the item "Improved broadband services in West called for" mentioned here?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also at http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0117/west.html
    The Government is being urged to "greatly accelerate" the provision of broadband services to the West. Community leaders in Kiltimagh in County Mayo said that the telecommunications services were necessary to ensure much needed hi-tech industries were not lost to the region.

The call follows the establishment in the town of an international business school. The school is now providing e-learning courses for students and companies in more than 20 countries worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

yup thats the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Hahaha are the having a laugh or are they just simple who the hell is going to even attemp to watch a streaming video on a 56k modem.Abit ironic really me thinks.

Stone

Advertisement