Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Server

Options
  • 17-01-2002 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what are your thoughts on the best mail server solution around?? I will need one that will support up to about 200 users and allow remote mail retrieval. It also has to have good mail forwarding facilities. The mail client that will be accessing it will be primarily Lotus Notes, although there may be a certian amount of OE and Outlook users.

The OS that it will be running on is Win2K Server.

I'm in a bit of a rush at the mo, so I can't post too many details, but if your looking for more details/requirements, let me know!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Lotus Domino - best mail server you can get :)

I've got a clustered domino server here and it's had 99.999% uptime since I installed it about two years ago. Domino is more difficult to setup than exchange, but once you have your head around it you can fine tune every detail.

You should install iNotes as well, it gives you a nice interface for reading your mail over the web. Good intro to it here:

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg246518.html?Open

What will it be retrieving the mail from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

well if your primary client is going to be lotus notes then most definetly go with a Domino Server version 5.06 or later. Was version 5.06 the first version to ship with iNotes web interface?

5.0.8 is the first for iNotes. 5.0.9a is the latest. (Don't use 5.0.9 - has a load of bugs in it)

you dont work for the same company I do do you ciggie smoking man??

we have a division here that localises lotus notes to various languages?

soz for going off topic

Originally posted by Washout
    you dont work for the same company I do do you ciggie smoking man??

we have a division here that localises lotus notes to various languages?

soz for going off topic

lol you probably do :) come up to the IS dept and give the tall guy a good smack over the head - if he doesn't hit you back you'll know it's me.

• Advertisement

sounds like your a rival company. our is department has no1 of your description in it

Advertisement