Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Post!

Options
  • 17-01-2002 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

[Shameless Spam] First post RAH! [/Shameless Spam]

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

First reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

3rd spam post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

erm
    no
    ave a look back further

MICr0

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36146

Seems like its been around for over two months but only has 20ish posts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

A little patience and we'll have some quality content here.

Our initial thoughts were to make this forum another channel for the Open Mailing List. Some people want their content to be centrally threaded on a board while others would rather have their info distributed to their mail client.

It probably means no more than 25 threads a week coming from the Open mailing list feed.

Some who handle mailing lists through their mailboxes would never come here. Some who read these threads won't subscribe to the mailing list.

If it's done right, the main threads will cross-pollinate in both places.

Let's watch it evolve. Boards have done fine by facilitating what the community wants to do anyway.

Bernie Goldbach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

so is the mailing list vs bullen boards discussion going to restart?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I think you need both mail and boards. I harvest key mail in http://www.askSam.com and write for newspapers [1] from those nuggets. It's harder for me to harvest threads because it's clumsy editing the noise from threaded discussion lists.

I think this zone will be the Open Ticker and you'll see subscribers monitoring the Open Ticker in the background. I'm offline right now, composing the mail aboard Irish Rail, while watching the ticker run underneath. I can view threads faster that way.

I think this zone will be the Open Digest, providing I can marshal some third level student work into editing submissions to the Open Mailing List.

Bernie Goldbach

[1] Read my "Arms Race at the Desktop" in the 18 Jan 02 Irish Examiner for a sample harvest that included my Christmas cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

wh...wh....what? I wasn't sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

I thought this page was gonna be deep!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Somebody please tell me how to put graphics and stuff on my post.

I look like a git now.

Hmmmphhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

go to the admin tab at the top and then to the newbie f.a.q. and that should explain it!!! basically you can use the IMG button to do it in v.b. inside a post but you have to have it up on web-space!

you can also add attachment but you shouldent really add anything over 15kb as it annoy's the admins and mods!

to add things in your signature you go to USER CP (its about 1 inch down from the very top of the page), then you go to EDIT PROFILE and to the sig box and add it there use the [ followed by IMG followed by ] tag and [ followed by /IMG followed by ] (it should look like this, replace * with [ or ], *IMG*http://www.WhereMyPiccyIs.ie*/IMG*)

Overall your better off to go to the newbie faq board though!!!

Sorry topgold if i'm overstepping myself!!!

willie c.

Advertisement