Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a minidisk recorder

• 18-01-2002 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

any one much experience with minidisk recorders. I was looking at this: http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/ViewProducts.asp?CatID=3&ProductID=3085

Sony MZR700

because it has a minijack mic input, and it seems to be the cheepest with that.
    recomendations?

richer sounds are looking for EU €253.88 IEP £199.95

anywhere cheaper?

ill probably buy this evening so quick responses appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Don't know anywhere cheaper but make sure that it has the Long Play feature as this lets you get up to 5hrs on 1 80min MD.

L1- Normal compression 74-80mins depending on disk
    L2-Double compression 160mins decent quality sound. (I can't hear any difference compared to L1, but maybe i have crap hearing)
    L3-5hrs mono recording, great for things like lectures,meetings etc. where sound quality doesn't matter.

Sorry if you already know this but it's worth mentioning.

<edit> Doh, just reread the specs and it does have LP so your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Why not get an mp3 player?
    You won't have to bother with discs or any of that rubbish.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059ZYA/o/qid=1011352265/sr=8-1/ref=sr_aps_ce_1_1/026-7204637-2593210

Got that one yesterday, it's sweet, smaller than a bar of soap, and holds four hours of music, no messing about with discs or cartridges or tapes or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

no mic input though. I want it for recording soundtrack, narration and dialogue for a few animation and film projects i have planned.
    Thanks for the replies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I bought the sony mz-r500 early last year, the best but of the year!!!! these range of minidiscs are so cool, fits in to your shirt pocket, batteries last for 36hrs, cheap media, great sound, optical jack, I would defo recommand the mz-r700, these sony minidisc are the dogs b.........

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

I can get u one (MZ-R700), brand new full warrantry etc for €220

It will be 1st wk in Feb though...

If ur willing to wait..

k,:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement