Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2002 - Where to go and Why?

• 18-01-2002 2:15pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I graduate this summer (Computer Systems degree) and am going to head off somewhere with the idea of combining travel with work one way or the other. Having already worked in Germany and the US I'd be interested to explore some other exciting places.

I was also thinking about going to China / Thailand to teach English as a foreign language on a 5/10 month contract. Anyone ever done this? Opinions? Hints?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nope, but a TEFL course would probably help if you want to teach english as a foreign language. im not sure what countries it covers, but as far as i remember someone once told me you could tech english in asian areas with a tefl course.
    theyre not that expensive and only run a few weeks.

dont go to china. you will be eaten.

did you look it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

What kind of stuff do you learn in a TEFL course?

I presume you don't have to speak Japanese to go over to Japan to teach English do you?

http://www.tefl.ie/

as far as im aware, you dont have to speak a foreign language at all. everything is through english.
    although im sure a smattering of the local lingo is helpful.
    for when you just cant get through to her that what you want is a blowjob, and not a blowpipe....*

* note, this will probably only occur if teaching english as aforeign language to indigenous tribes of the amazon...

Advertisement