Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with speakeasy fone please

• 08-10-2000 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

OK..heres the thing..any help would be appreciated..

I,m using a c25 speakeasy at the mo and have just gotton an M35 for cheapo money (a speakeasy one)

I wanna use my old sim in the new fone.. but it seems I need an unlock code..to use WAP access..or else 100 squid in my old sim (no chance)

any ideas guys???

‡PJ‡

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

AFAIK, as long as you've used at least 100 quid in a speakeasy phone, they'll unlock the phone handset so you can use any SIM in it.

However, the speakeasy SIM is a different matter, and you can't get free calls on that, no matter how you try. So, by my reckoning, you should be able to use the SIM in the M35, but it'll just be your normal number, and you'll pay for it like any speakeasy punter. You will also have to ask digifone to give the phone wap access to their network, and set it up for wap, but I don't think that that costs anything.

Does this help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

AFAIk, if the M35 is wap, you cant interchange, also its true, you need £100 credit, and then ring Esat, and they give you a code to unlock the phone, so you can use any sim in it

John

Advertisement