Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accounting software

Options
  • 18-01-2002 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm running a couple of online shops where my company sells various products over the internet. Only started the biz in Sept last year without knowing if it would take off - but it has done and I'm now getting anything up to 15 orders a day.
    I started up doing my 'order processing', invoicing, etc. with MS tools like Excel and Word, but with the increased no. of orders this is getting to messy.
    :confused: I'm looking for a [cheap] piece of accounting software that can handle orders, invoicing, credits, supplier invoices etc. Anyone got any ideas or personal experiences?
    I am happy enough entering orders manually, ie. no web integration is needed at this stage.

Thks for any help!

jk2001

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

won't you have to declare yourself to the tax man? if so, they mostly accept Task 4 I believe it's called - the software is normally used by small businesses. I don't know much about it - other than a friend of mine has a small one man business and this is the one he went with after much research on the subject.
    If you are interested, let me know and I will try to find out more about it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Niallmac

Hey JK

I am an accountant and would suggest a package called Tas Books. It will cost about IR£300, I think but it should do most of what you want. The only issue with this is that the tech support is a bag o' sh*te. Do not even bother with the Irish one call direct to England, they are Ok and you will save yourself alot of time. It is also the most user freindly of the packages out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

yeah, it would be great if you could find out....
    I am registered with VAT no. and all, so the good old tax man is not missing out - - unfortunately... :(

jk2001

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by jk2001
    Hi guys,

I'm running a couple of online shops where my company sells various products over the internet. Only started the biz in Sept last year without knowing if it would take off - but it has done and I'm now getting anything up to 15 orders a day.
    I started up doing my 'order processing', invoicing, etc. with MS tools like Excel and Word, but with the increased no. of orders this is getting to messy.
    :confused: I'm looking for a [cheap] piece of accounting software that can handle orders, invoicing, credits, supplier invoices etc. Anyone got any ideas or personal experiences?
    I am happy enough entering orders manually, ie. no web integration is needed at this stage.

Thks for any help!

jk2001

http://www.asktech.ie

I can recommend these people- as well as supplying take5 etc they will supply bespoke systems which hang off take5 or similar-may be necessary if you are doing cyclical billing
    Kevin is good -as well as the it side he understands business issues
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www.sage.ie

Specialize in Accounting software. From what I used of it, helping out my Dad (he's an accountant), it's well written and easy to use. Includes security features too so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Take Five is Irish, was Euro ready about a billion years before everyone else and has e-commerce features built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

no web integration is needed at this stage.

And yet you post to Webmaster?

But sure hey, you asked, the lads helped, no foul no fine.

amp - who would just like to heartly agree with the sentiments about Tas support. Kept ringing them one day and they would ask me if I could hold and then hangup. So eventually I get through again and yer man sez:

Gimp: Hi *blah blah*. Can I put you on hold?
    Me: No
    Gimp: weh?
    Me: Everytime someone puts me on hold they hang up. Do what ever you have to do and I'll wait but no holding thanks.
    Gimp: Would you like to speak to my supervisor?
    Me: Sure
    Gimp: Please hold

*beep beep beep dialtone*

Me: D'OH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Quickbooks is the way to go! (www.quickbooks.co.uk)
    Give me a call if you want a demo version or if you have any questions.....

I dunno mayhem#, you're really streching the whole business-plugging thing :) Just stay away from WWM's board, he'll kill ya!! :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by seamus
    I dunno mayhem#, you're really streching the whole business-plugging thing :) Just stay away from WWM's board, he'll kill ya!! :D:)

Hey, the man asked for a tip on accounting software.
    What am I suppose to do?
    "hey, I know exactly the thing you need but I can't mention it here because I actually sell it"?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just more surprised that the other thread survived :)
    I can't talk anyway. Today so far I have posted 18 times and increased my post rate by 0.05 posts per day :eek: I think I'm turning into a spammer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Seamus Test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Now you've turned Marcus into a spammer seamus!

BAN SEAMUS!

Nah, it's just not the same...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Thanks a lot Guys, I've looked at the different options - talking to TAS at the moment, their solution seems to suit my needs.

Advertisement