Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitten by Bite/Mayhem ?

• 18-01-2002 6:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I have a story to tell:

I imagine that quite a few of you will be familiar with some of the great deals offered by Bite Ltd/Mayhem ( www.bite-ltd.com ).

Well, after posting on boards.ie looking for opinions on what I wanted,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38198
    and checking out another thread on Bite,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37901
    I decided to place an order.
    I went through the process of placing an order and I got an invoice emailed back to me.
    I was charged VAT on the invoice but no VAT registration number was quoted so I queried this and was then quoted what looks like a valid VAT number, so I duly posted a cheque out.
    I was told that my goods would be despatched as soon as the cheque cleared.
    That all seemed fine.

The cheque cleared on Thursday last (10/01/2002) and the sum of €175.86 was debited from my account.
    I expected my goods to be despatched on Friday and delivered on Monday.
    No sign on Monday, but I was not too worried, not everyone is as prompt as one would hope. However, I sent off a friendly mail asking would my goods be shipped that day as the cheque had cleared.
    I got a response saying: yes, your goods are shipping today and you will be sent the Interlink tracking/parcel number.
    The Interlink tracking/parcel number was not sent to me that day.

My goods did not arrive on Tuesday either, so again I Emailed Bite requesting shipping details and was told that the shipping number would be Emailed to me later that day.
    Guess what ?
    Never got it.

As I was at a Funeral, I did not get to chase this up any further until today, so I decided to give Evert Bopp (Mayhem) a call on his mobile (he had supplied the number in response to my thread on boards.ie), and I was aghast to find that the number appears to be disconnected
    I then tried his landlines and either get a "this number is disconnected" or no response.

I have also sent him a Email today (to evert@bite-ltd.com and evert@eircom.net ) but have got no response.

I would be interested to know if anyone else here is awaiting delivery from Bite, or when people last received good from him.

If anyone has anything to add I would be very interested.

I'll keep you folks posted.

/*edited to remove phone numbers, but apart from that seems like a reasonable post. After all, it is the correct board for it. */

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I forgot to mention that the website is down too.

NO LONGER CORRECT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I dont think this is the sort of thing that should be discussed on a public board mate. Maybe there is a legit reason for all that has been listed maybe not I dont know.

[edit]
    And the web site is not down as of 17:15 18/01/2002
    And just in case you think I have anything to do with them I dont.
    [/edit]

kayos

Originally posted by kayos
    I dont think this is the sort of thing that should be discussed on a public board mate. Maybe there is a legit reason for all that has been listed maybe not I dont know.

kayos

Kayos,

I have to disagree about this being discussed on a public board.
    My reasons being:
    A warning to others,
    To find out if anyone else is in a similar position,
    Maybe Mayhem will respond.

I am praying that there is a legit reason for all off this, but my gut feeling is that Mayhem/Bite has gone bust (in some way) and probably was aware that I would never receive my goods, but he accepted my money anyway.

If Mayhem does respond with a legitimate response to my problems, I will delete the post myself and post an apology.
    However, I have said nothing libellous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

He seems to be around today. Saw a post on a mailing list from him.

Got an email from him yesterday about my order saying he got the cheques I sent and would send the good once they cleared. Delivery may just be slow thats all. he may be shipping a load of goods in one go.

I think you may have over-reacted a tad and you did imply illegal billing of vat and suggested contacting the revenue commissioners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Samson & everyone else,

Let me outline the situation clearly.
    Yes I received your and everyone else's order.
    Yes, I promised to ship next day.
    However, this is not my main line of business, I run a business that supplies tech support and other services. Normally I have two lads working with me, however one is on holidays and the other called in sick this week. Hence the delay in processing and shipping all the orders. Hence also the fact that I have not been answering my phone or replyng to e-mail within 5 minutes. I have however returned all messages left....

I have changed mobiles this week and the old number is no longer valid, however if you listen to the message on my office answerphone you will be given my new number.
    The website is also still up and running and will be so for a long time...

To start accusing me of trying to rip people of is pre-mature, in-correct and bordering on slander. To post my name and phone number while posting under an assumed name yourself is really pushing it!

I suggest you get your facts straight before you make a blunder like that again.

For anyone who is worried about their order: you can call me on 087/7847194 all evening an weekend and I will personally clarify things for you..

Or you can get me on MSN (mayhem@bite-ltd.com)

• Advertisement

Oh yes and another quite significant discrepancy in your post;
    You say that your cheque cleared on the 10th.
    The truth is that your cheque only arrived here on the 10th. Seeing that we stated that we only ship after cheques claer that means that the earliest I was supposed to ship would have been yesterday as it takes 5 working days for a cheque to clear in our account.
    Do I need to say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Samson, I'd appreciate it if you'd delete this post after reading it... as Mayhem does seem to have an honest explanation to the above, albeit an unfortunate one for yourself, and I don't believe this thread holds any further purpose other than for you to read it.

Cheers,
    Ken

Ken,

Can I just ask that my replies stay up for a week or so.
    I would apreciate if everyone who has read Samson's post gets a chance to read my replies....

Ok, I accept what you have to say, and I apologise for jumping the gun.
    However, the least you could have done was inform me of the fact that you were short-staffed.

You should have let me know that there would be a delay.

When I asked you about my tracking number on 17/01/2002:

"Evert,

I have not received these speakers yet, can you forward the Interlink parcel/tracking number to me ASAP ?"

You replied:

Gavin,

I'll be in the office later today and will do so then...

Evert.

That was my last communication from you.
    You did not tell me that the speakers had not shipped or that there would be a delay due to the fact that you were understaffed.

I tried to contact you today, and having the problems outlined above (ie. not being able to contact you), I got very nervous.

As soon as I receive my goods I will delete my original post.

In the mean-time I have removed certain sections which I feel are unnecessary due to the fact that you have replied.

Hopefully this will all prove to be a misunderstanding, but remember you have my money.

Doesn't look like much of an apology to me and even your "edited" post is way out of line.
    You'll be hearing more about this on Monday then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by mayhem#
    Ken,

Can I just ask that my replies stay up for a week or so.
    I would apreciate if everyone who has read Samson's post gets a chance to read my replies....

Fair enough. I'm closing this thread though... this isn't the place for this sort of conversation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

And all along I thought Evert had run off to Rio for a life of tacky luxury in the sun with the proceeds of the sale of a few monitors and speakers.

:p:p

I've done business with Bite before as have others I know and they are happy with the service.

Patience young grasshopper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement