Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators: Moving posts

• 08-10-2000 3:17pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're going to start to shift posts into the correct category for them and publicise those categories too sooo...

If you post about Programming, Webmastery or Security issues, dont be surprised to find your post has been moved to the relevant areas.

Koopa, Kali, can you help us with this?

I know will complain that those areas arent as busy as Tech but if you think long and hard about that you can see the flaw in the logic smile.gif

We're gonna go on a push to make them more "public" soon. And if we could get all those areas up and running we would have a real centre for all thing technological in Ireland.

Thanks for your patience.

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

What do the masses think of a Linux board?

Is there a need?

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah movin aint a problem.
    there aint too many posts bout linux these days.. and if they are they seem mostly to do with security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

I think that linux.ie does a good job of supporting Linux users in Ireland generally, but there's a fierce bunch of plonker power-posters on there too. Why not ask their list if they'll monitor a linux board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

with another college year just started there will be prob another load of *nix questions, where, who ,why etc

might be worth making a *nix board
    ppl would go there just for the name smile.gif

MiCr0

hehe and stick me in charge wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

a linux board would be a cool idea,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Yeah a linux/un*x board would be a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

There used to be a Linuckz board IRRC, but it died due to inactivity.

m33p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah ok but i think most of the linux questions (as well as the windows questions) usually end up here or in the security board anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

actually yeah.. i remember the old linux board.. was virtually empty half the time except for a few questions about lilo and setting up soundcards the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

but due to the fact that more ppl are using linux i would think/hope that a board now would get some more questions.

Even if it odesnt it doesnt hurt to give it a try..

c22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I remember the old linux board and there weren't a whole lot of posts on it from what I can remember.

But what about a board for operating systems instead since they are a lot of questions for windows **** as it is.

Just a suggestion!

Advertisement