Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing

• 18-01-2002 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

anyone got any?
    where do you get them done?
    any opinion on any of the places?

3 in ear (oh wow) had an eyebrower, but it grew out, getting me another when I get some cash. Getting tongue aswell when I get some free time off work/college and plenty of cash. Sorest one for me was ear flesh, dunno why. If you get an eyebrow one, get a bar, rings look stoopid. If you get ear ones, get them streched to 1.2mm at the least. Other than that it's up to you. Bellybuttons and noses look queer on men, and labrette(sp) piercings only suit a certain rare type of people (imo).

Got de ear ones in a jewellers (ugh :(), but got them streched in snakebite. Got eyebrow (and will get + tongue) in Metal Morphosis just off temple bar square. Tis expensive, but good piercings all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭stigma

too many to be botherd to mentioned!
    But the best place to ge em done is CELESTIAL RING in the Stephens green shoping centre top floor! near ASHA!
    they have just finished refurbishing the new shop is bigger and better and the guys are class and the prices are reasonable ! the staff have all worked for years in all of Dublins big name piercing shops!

Check em out !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

But the best place to ge em done is CELESTIAL RING

and here i was thinking you were mentioning a body part ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

just out of curiosity, how safe is having piercings? someone mentioned to me that if you wish to donate blood and have a number of piercings, your blood wont be of any use. is that true?

adnans

The donation form says 'have you had any needle piercings in the last 6 months?'. So you can donate blood after 6 months. Just paranoia on their part because of the governments inability to enact any legislation to do with piercing (or to do with anything for that matter :d).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

I've got a few myself. I was just wondering which places people went to. I've got one in Body Shock, a couple in Ms Fantasias and one in a place called Babylon in Navan. Ms. Fantasias seems to be the best value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Navel/Belly Button . Took it out as it didn't heal for over 6 months.
    Got nipple done twice. First time it got knocked out.
    The 2nd piercing lasted less than a year before it grew out.

Wanted to get labret done but its too popular now.

Might get my nape done in Body Shock in Dublin.

Got all piercings done in Raven Tat studios in Paul Street in Cork. Brians very professional.

Theres a new piercing shop in Kyle Street off the North Main Street. The guy fed me a load of bull****e about nape piercings and hadn't a clue how to do it I'd say, but seemed like he'd be willing to have a go at it. No way !!

Piercings don't mess up your blood.

The blood transfusion board won't take donor blood for 12 months or so from those pierced, tattooed, operated on or even those that got acupuncture.

You can get Hepatitis or even HIV if a piercer has been filthy and lazy. Generally they will make a big deal of showing you the ring and needle being sterilised beforehand. Ask them to show you if they don't.

Oh yeah never get piercings from a crowd that uses piercing guns. Bad idea.

Extreme Body Modding Website. Adult Content Warning:

http://www.bmezine.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

dont wanna sound stupid or anything but whats your nape? as in the nape of you neck or what? also labret? Oh the ignorance

Nape is the back of the neck between hairline and start of back.

Labret is the area below the lip.

Nape - ouch!! Can look damn cool tho. Labret piercing better known as 'Heor, did da' ting in yor lip hurt or wha'?'.

As for gun piercings, I'm sure plenty of people have heard the story from the guy in snakebite about a girl that got a tongue piercing by gun (omg :() from the guy in George's Arcade. The tongue skin grew around the stud and he ended up cutting it out with a scalpal. Ugh. Beware. Guns suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

got my tongue done in snakebite last april. still there. place seemed very hygenic all the instruments yer man used came straight form brand new packages sealed packages and into the bin afterwards. they were dead sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by seamus
    As for gun piercings, I'm sure plenty of people have heard the story from the guy in snakebite about a girl that got a tongue piercing by gun (omg :() from the guy in George's Arcade. The tongue skin grew around the stud and he ended up cutting it out with a scalpal. Ugh. Beware. Guns suck.

YOWCH!!!!!! why oh why would anyone do that????
    anyway, any professional piercer will never pierce anything other than earlobes with a gun, in fact, i doubt if any piercers will use a gun at all, it's just jewellers in places like accessorise that do that because they're essentially just shop assistants.

i even read a case where this guy had his upper ear caretilege pierced by gun, and about a month or so later, he got it done again, but as the cartilege was so weak from the first one (it hadn't healed yet,) they managed to split his cartilege from the piercing inwards to his skull....eew!! (although, i got mine done years ago, before i knew that,and it worked out grand for me, so i guess it just depends)

as a good rule of thumb, most piercers you'd have heard of already are good, the biggies, like metal morphosis, snakebite, etc etc are fine...it's just the grotty little side street ones you need to worry about!

the best site i found is
    http://www.bme.freeq.com/pierce/bme-pirc.html
    it has loads of pictures, links, advice, case studies, input from experienced and first-time pierced people

oh, and by the way....ears X 4, but planning more...hmm... but what?????? i've heard bad things about industrials....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

i got my tongue done about a year and a half ago in miss fantasia and it's still in and I've never had any problem with it but if i had the chance to get it done again, I'd go to Metal Morphosis as someone already suggested...
    they just seem really professional and safe... feck it if you have to pay extra... you really don't want a messed up piercing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolfbag

That lad in the George's Street arcade will pierce anything that comes within a foot of him with the gun...tho' I got multiple ones in the ear from him (he used to be very cheap), thru cartilage and all with no bother. He's some cowboy though...I once saw him pierce the ears of a child that couldn't have been more than 6 months old, nice ethics!! I suppose if her mother wants her to have her first pair of enormous gold hoopy ear-rings that young what can you do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

I've got my lip and nipple done, and on friday night i decided to pierce my ear with a safety pin while drunk off my ass in burger king.... i had to take it out, but i will do it again!

I recommend body shock but does anyone know if you can get some form of home-piercing kit? i dont see much point in paying loadsa cash for it...

Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

home-piercing kit

hammer
    nail
    metal surface
    no brains

Another stunningly brilliant contribution to aid your post count GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

I was buyin a bar in Georges arcade a while back and i'm pretty sure the guy there sold the guy on front of me needles and clamps and stuff. dunno if they sell everyone it. from what i've read on the net nobody really sells the equipment to the general public.

i'll do your ear for you sean...gotta be better than lettin graham do it when he was pished.

i've got: 3 in my ear
    tragus
    eyebrow
    lip

i think i'm gonna get the Scaffold done next. i was thinkin bout the nape aswell but i'm not too sure. they look real sore for ages after they've been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

the only place i really trust is body shock for getting anything pierced.
    metal morphosis is just a big rip-off.
    adonis is ok,i jus dont like the piercer too much.
    snakebite is good and professional.

humm i feel like i'm growing out of all this piercing lark though..

getting your nape done isnt reallly that painful.getting it done scares alot of people,the clamp the needle ,the crunch :D