Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axl Rose and his so-called Guns

Options
  • 19-01-2002 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

So, I think it's counted up to about 9 years now waiting for this new Guns N' Roses (or just "Rose") Album which is apparently going to be titled as "Chinese Democracy".

I just wanted to know if anybody at this stage actually cares, and how many people have given waiting etc.

And has everybody lost interest due to the fact that Axl's the only member left.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

The only member and still the biggest pr ick.

i'd like to hear it the way I like to hear Slashs solo stuff but tis not GNR without them all.

Bring back Izzy n Slash N Axl

Izzys solo stuff ain't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Izzy did a solo? All I remember was a bit of the beginning of the Nightrain solo.

Oh, and you know Slash and Duff are on Izzy's next album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Solo stuff as in recordings away from GNR, not Guitar Solo.

Must get his other solo stuff, just have the first album.

I got River, but I had to go to the UK to get it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You don't get rock bands like G'n'R anymore. After all these years, Appetite for Destruction is still a rock masterpiece.

Nowadays it's all nu-metal and wuss-rock (Travis, Coldplay, Starsailor etc etc ad infinitum)

• Advertisement

And It's all Nirvana's fault.

They made Guitar playing easy!!
    They killed Guitar Solos!
    They killed Rock N' Roll!
    They killed Blues!
    They killed the fun in rock!
    He killed himself!!!

Now its just rapping over seriously bad, noisy, distorted,
    over-overdriven Power Chords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Page 71

What the hell are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Oeneus
    And It's all Nirvana's fault.

They made Guitar playing easy!!
    They killed Guitar Solos!
    They killed Rock N' Roll!
    They killed Blues!
    They killed the fun in rock!
    He killed himself!!!

Now its just rapping over seriously bad, noisy, distorted,
    over-overdriven Power Chords.

as radiohead once said...

anyone can play guitar....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

anyone can play guitar

yes, badly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

never liked GnR much... schlock rock.. no need for most of it.

...and you cant blame nirvana for all this 'nu' sh!te... there was so much more to it back then.. not just bad guitar playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

I wouldn't get my hopes up.... AXL is done as far as i'm concerned... he is a whiny primadonna and he should have stayed retired and hiding wherever he was.... My guess is he could have remained a sort of legend...by returning he is just going to expose himslef as a mediocre washed up aging rocker...we have enough of those kicking around... AXL has NO CLASS... I saw them live near the end... what a crap show I have seen bands in pubs play with more passion (this is not meant to knock bands playing in pubs it is my contention that many of the best bands in the world are stranded playing in pubs)..... You want an excellent rock star who knows how to stay current and has heaps of class.... Stick with BONO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I've heard some of the stuff for the new album (live from the Vegas gigs). Chinese Democracy (the song) isn't that bad.

And there are over 70 songs done for the album. It's all there pretty much. Just the final touches remain (notably, trying to get Axl ready to go back to the road and the public domain). There's a really good article in this months Classic Rock magazine (it's an old interview but preceeded by a little bit about his current lifestyle) and www.gnrlive.com is a great website for stuff about the band.

As regards there not being any bands like them:
    Beautiful Creatures. they were dropped from their record label a few months back for poor sales. turns out that was because nobody had heard of them! Buy their album or dl 1AM (one of their songs) if you want to hear how good they can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by Robbo
    Travis, Coldplay, Starsailor etc etc ad infinitum

are they all from the uk?

Advertisement