Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lotus notes question

• 10-10-2000 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i have just been given an nsf file and asked to open it up to retrieve a word document from one of the mails in it.
    problem is.. we dont use notes.
    i have installed a client on my local machine, but it tells me 'you are not authorised to preform that operation: f:\sphilips.nsf'
    is it password protected? if so how do i input a password?
    do i need to be logged on as mr sphilips? if so how do i create a profile for him?
    do i need to be connected to a server as im currently just running it on local machine and we dont have a otes server oz noes suck smile.gif

HOBBES were are you??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Strange, because if you have installed the client and put the Database on the local disk by default you should be able to read it (even if the default access is no access).

Only in the certain conditions (I think) you shouldn't.

1. The person has encrpyted the database and your ID is not certified to view the DB.

2. The NSF file is write protected.

If it's not a privacy issue and you can't resolve it, send it to me and I'll see if I have anything here to help.

Just had another thought. The file looks like a mail file.

If this is the case then whatever server it originally resided on would have manager access by default. If you know the server op for that server they can retrieve the document for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no, it came from england and its the director of the company!!!
    i dont think hed appreciate me sending out gateway mails.
    besides its over 250 mg. i doubt the exchange servers would handle it wink.gif

in simple terms, is there any way that i can just go open file, point to the cd and it opens up with the mails in it?

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    is there any way that i can just go open file, point to the cd and it opens up with the mails in it?

I think the important part here is "CD". Notes requires to be able to write to the database even if your not planning to. Copy the file off the CD and set to Read/Write and then see if you can access it.

If that doesn't work he needs to add you to the ACL list as reader at least.

Why in hells name would someone send the whole Mail DB to get one document? Is this beneath him? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 10-10-2000).]

Advertisement