Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who needs broadband !!

Options
  • 19-01-2002 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Just a tip really recently ive been having a real hard time with my conection so i got on to eircom and got the engineer out turns out the line was at fault so he,s patched it untill he can fix it next week.The point of this post is you may want to get your lines checked as before i was only connecting at 33Kbsp after he had patched it im now connecting at 52Kbps and the difference is quite amazing.

Stone

PS I still WANT broadband :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

wat did exactly did you say to get the engineer out ? as when i tried that gimmick [im at 33.6 aswell] they did a line check, said all was well, and hung up on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

The jump from 33kbps to 52kbps is not as significant as the jump from 52kbps to 256kbps

Everyone needs broadband, everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

You should experience broadband, the "best" analogy i can give for you :

Ever driven a race car?

You spend 1 hour going an average of 100mph+ and then to jump in your road car and go home, i swear, you would be convinced that you could push the damn thing faster your senses are so numb to that kinda slow.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i used to connect at 33-48 with eircom. after i changed to NTL i connect at 54.6 constantly. and the difference is pretty big, but saying that, i have used 128k and its totally different, i can only imagine how good it would be to have cable, and i will hopefully get it soon. EVERYONE NEEDS CABLE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I used to work for Dell they had a major connection i can still remember downloading a demo of about 70mb i went to get a can of coke from the other side of the factory came back and it was downloaded :).Now thats the way things should be.As for getting the engineer out all i did was say i had crackling on the line and a poxy connection to the net that kept dropping me if i could get on at all!!! and the fact that 90% of my bill was made up from net access i didnt see the point in keeping a land line if i couldnt use it for the internet so they had better sought it out.They did and now my connection is bearable because if you have a noisy line its not just the speed thats the problem its the packets that get lost too.

Stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Lucifer.POD
    after i changed to NTL i connect at 54.6 constantly.

I know NTL have a flat rate at the weekend.. But I am wondering, do they support isdn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Nope

Advertisement