Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Save as ' box

• 19-01-2002 5:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

How do i change the folders displayed in the win2k 'save as' dialog? Anyone know the registry entries for that?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think you can do it from TweakUI Dustaz.

adam

(Forgot a URL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

what do you mean, you mean the icons, if so i had that around here awhile ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Sorry Dustaz, can't understand what you mean, but if you're looking for registry moddin info, www.regedit.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

cheers lads, ill try those links now.
    What i mean is this - right click on any pic on this page, choose save picture as. The resulting box that shows up has preset destination folders down the left hand side (my docs, my pictures, history, desktop etc). I want to change those folders.

In any of the Office Programs ( I used Word to test this ) goto Tools > Options > File Locations at the top of the list is DOCUMENTS highlight that one then click MODIFY & pick the HDD/Folder location to were you want to save.

This should then be the Default were you save your files too, you will have to do this for all Office Programs.

Its pretty simple and i do it all the time, its a handy tweak that can save hours of annoyance, and if your pc is slow, sometime you ahev to wait 10 maybe 20 secounds for the browser to kick in to move to anotehr folder.

Hope this is what your looking for

Edit, im using office Xp, that feature might not be in an older version

• Advertisement

This is what he means Boston. (Take note of the filename. :))

(And no, that's not the colour of my OS! I reduced the colours!)

adam

are you sure? hmm, that would be a nice tweak to have, not sure i know of that one

Yes, I'm sure, and I've checked Tweak UI and you can in fact modify it from there, it's on the 'Open' tab. The official download from Microsoft is here.

adam

IVe tweak ui, its not in my version, id better update it.

The one I linked in my previous post isn't for XP. Check my first post in this thread, you can get TweakXP from there.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Much arse grassy arse adam :)

Advertisement