Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN can anyone help me

• 07-10-2000 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all
    well i got isdn in my house and i have a problem you might have had it when you where installing it allso (people with isdn).
    When configer my isdn it askes for
    Please enter your switch type and service profile id's provided by your telephone company when your isdn line was installed. Well i got neither of them and dont know what to do now.

Service profile id 1 .............?
    Service profile id 2 .............. ?

If you can help me plase submint your ansers.
    thanks

charlie

some one said DSS1 im ment to put into id 1 but im not sure if he was right does anyone know what i have to do ???

also i get this (link down 16) what ever that means .

My modem is an american modem does that make a differince . If so i will get the eircom one for 90 pound ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Simple answer is to get an ASUS or Eicon TA. There regarded as the best for pings and ease of installation. The ASUS is only £25 on http://www.insight.com/uk Get one of those would be your best bet I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I got an Eicon from IT Direct for 79 pounds, and all you do is select europe and enter your 2 ISDN numbers and away you go.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bad charlie

And yes what nembers are they. I did not get them. And where do i get them they never gave me mine ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

When he says ISDN numbers he means the phone numbers you got with your 2 lines.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bad charlie

Ok i did that. Well i think i will just get a new isdn Modem . The one that i have is american i think it is set up for american use. It has all this config stuff you have to put in which i dont think you have to do with irish isdn modem. Thanks all the same for your help.

Charlie

• Advertisement
Advertisement