Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DirectX on XP

• 19-01-2002 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

After looking for it for quite a while I finally found it in the I386 folder in the c drive. Why isnt directX in Program Files on XP home? I cant figure it out. Also that I386 folder seems to be like the cabs folder on win98, and seems to be full of files that were in the windows folder on win98. Any idea why this is so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

DirectX in XP is located in c:\program files\directx (same as win2k)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Also that I386 folder seems to be like the cabs folder on win98, and seems to be full of files that were in the windows folder on win98. Any idea why this is so?

Answered your own question there - the i386 folder is like the cabs folder in win98 (in other words it's stuff from your i386 folder on the CD).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

dxdiag isnt in prog files its in i386

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Makaveli
    After looking for it for quite a while I finally found it in the I386 folder in the c drive. Why isnt directX in Program Files on XP home? I cant figure it out. Also that I386 folder seems to be like the cabs folder on win98, and seems to be full of files that were in the windows folder on win98. Any idea why this is so?

XP isnt based on any win98 code - it is based on w2k - so that is why there is the I386 folder.

DX is installed by default in XP - although dxdiag is a little buggy - i was told that i was runing DirectX where it ususally says DirectX 8

but direct x still works perfectly

Advertisement