Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn no1 on irish top 10?????

Options
  • 19-01-2002 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

how the **** can any1 vote them no1 for anything.they shock me they are so crap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

oooooohh..... not a good thread............. here comes another long and drawn out battle of good and evil. My opinion vs yours etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Que: Raggamuffin

To those who dont agree - just ignore this one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Who is he refaring too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I hope you're takin the piss mate!

o oh. here we go.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by horsekick
    I hope you're takin the piss mate!

Well, I know I'm not....Who is he talking about? I don't look at the Irish charts much. Young Irish girls (the bulk single buyers) have no taste whatsoever, so the charts are crap. :)

• Advertisement

Hang on a minute.... this guy 'Lammas' is one of 'Turn'. waiting to read all the good stuff we write in their defense.

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lammas

rag dont respond to me til you grow some stubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by seamus

Well, I know I'm not....Who is he talking about? I don't look at the Irish charts much. Young Irish girls (the bulk single buyers) have no taste whatsoever, so the charts are crap. :)

I think he was referring more to the Phantom FM charts http://www.phantomfm.com/thisweek/charts.htm where Turn are top of the Irish Artists...

I think those charts are based on no of requests for said artist..

As for 'lammas', who do you think should be there then?, Who do you think is not crap and deserves people votes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

yeah whatever.....

Originally posted by lammas
    rag dont respond to me til you grow some stubble.

Oh dear god...you got me laughin for about 10 minutes there!!

It never crossed my mind...and yunno what...you're right...the dude must be about 12

• Advertisement

no1 should be on the irish top10 - theres very little talent in this country and the music scene is up its own arse.the ****ing "revs" playing the ambassador?? what is that in aid off - sample lyric "she's in the army,im in the navy,we'll have a baby" - melaton are up there and even at that their not that good.Snowpatrol should be top.Everything else is absolute muck - all these wimpy sad moany bastards like kitt,c dillon,paul o reilly - **** em.

jelous are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

lammas, i almost agree with you. however not completely. firstly, i think paul oreillys great. secondly i disagree, i think there is plenty of good irish bands, however, they rarely end up top of the charts for some reason, and bands that are mediocre and shallow do. i dunno whats going on. phantom is comprehensive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"jelous are we?" - you know that's what most of the people on Jerry Springer say when they are criticised. Make a proper point.

ok Paul O reilly is bearable to a point,same with Kitt but lets face it they wont do more than a few ep's that sell **** all,they dont have overall talent.I dont see O reilly getting coked off his tits and getting more up for it.there's no one doin that.everyone is doin the exact same thing - EVERYONE! its ****in mundane.if you want a really good laugh go to the ignition hotpress unsigned gigs at the TBMC on monday nights - now that will make you piss yourself.IRELAND IS A DISGRACE.

How many of these bands/musicians have you heard the music of and not liked?

NPB
    El Diablo
    Joan of Arse
    Dot Creek
    The Dudley Corporation
    The Connect 4 Orchestra
    Large Mound
    The Jimmy Cake
    The Redneck Manifesto
    Goodtime John
    Forty Six Long
    Jeff Martin
    The Coldspoon Conspiracy
    Jimmy Behan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

Originally posted by decob

I think he was referring more to the Phantom FM charts http://www.phantomfm.com/thisweek/charts.htm where Turn are top of the Irish Artists...

I think those charts are based on no of requests for said artist..

As for 'lammas', who do you think should be there then?, Who do you think is not crap and deserves people votes?

I agree with you but some of the bands are good eg. ash and therapy. if you dont like ring phntom and complain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Porce Garcce

music of porce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mmmmchocolate

jesus christ!i've never heard such a crowd of bitchy whiney moaners!!!!!
    theres plenty of talent in this country(think the frames,petronella,damien rice,ash,turn,bellx1 to name but a few)
    To think that so many irish artists are doing so well all over the world makes me ****ing proud4 one!
    i mean,considering how small our country is,the talent is pretty rampant.
    sure,exactly how many artists do we know from say,new zealand(which is a helluva lot bit than wee little eire!)?yet i can bank on the fact that they'll have heard of 1 of ours-u2,the cranberries or even feckin boyzone,the corrs or westlife!
    i think its great how many up&coming irish bands there are&its even better that(most!)people are supporting them.
    So even though irish bands may not be to your taste(exactly what is your taste!?american?english?homegrown talent beats em all!)theres a f**kload of good music out there and it would make alot more sense to support it instead of moaning about how sh*te it is,because theres no way you're gonna stop people makin music!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by lammas
    ok Paul O reilly is bearable to a point,same with Kitt but lets face it they wont do more than a few ep's that sell **** all,they dont have overall talent.

What a pile of bull****, one of the reason they don't sell as many records as other artisits is down to the lack of airplay on the mainstream/commercial stations, how else are they suppose to get their music out ot a wider audience?

The Revs wrote a catchy song that was picked up by ppl like Fm10-bore, the kiddies liked it for whatever reason, they get a gig in the ambassador...

everyone is doin the exact same thing - EVERYONE! its ****in mundane.if you want a really good laugh go to the ignition hotpress unsigned gigs at the TBMC on monday nights - now that will make you piss yourself.IRELAND IS A DISGRACE.

Ever think that they might have to start somewhere? It's not like they all have a Pete Waterman writing a hit song for them, creating a image for them. Jeez man, what is your problem..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

This is what is wrong with Irish Music. It's not the music, it's the begrudgery. Jesus Christ, I'm so sick of people going, "He's ****e, they're b ollock." Why can't all these supposed music lovers back the irish music scene, instead of knocking it. Turn by the way are a rocking band and although I'm not mad about all the artist metioned in the above posts, I would prefer to support them than what's coming from across the water on both sides of our Isle.
    Support Irish music, stop knocking it to the ground or all we'll ever get coming out of the country is Louis Walsh projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Good man Mixer, I second all of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by mmmmchocolate

theres plenty of talent in this country(think the frames,petronella,damien rice,ash,turn,bellx1 to name but a few)
    To think that so many irish artists are doing so well all over the world makes me ****ing proud4 one!
    i mean,considering how small our country is,the talent is pretty rampant.
    ....homegrown talent beats em all!)theres a f**kload of good music out there and it would make alot more sense to support it instead of moaning about how sh*te it is,because theres no way you're gonna stop people makin music!!!!!:cool:

The music coming out of Ireland is Amazing.... But as far as I can tell it is not getting much attention.... In the US beyond U2 (who are class) the only Irish bands anybody knows are the Cranberries, The Coors, Westlife, and JJ72..... Not your best....

The stuff I have found from Dublin's music scene is amazing, The Irish bands in NY are the best bands we have, always absolutely trumping all the other bands on the card for talent and passion (yet it is mostly Irish at the shows... mostly the American audience does not seem to respond to bands that do not engage in synchronized head bobbing)

Some people know Ash.... The magnificence of the frames is totally lost on the American audience.... A Bell-X1 cd is unatainable

ok forget about cranberries and u2 - their way out of the tbmc stage - they have it.u2 are the biggest band in the world because they deserve to be.the corrs are only famous for being famous.their music is ****,as is jj72 - what the **** is he?? my arse could write better tunes.ok fair enough i forgot bellx1 their not bad,"joan of arse" - did any1 see their "video"? - it makes me ashamed to be from the same country as them - they sicken me.ash have 1 good tune on their album so what about them,wheeler is queer as is his "mad" drummer with his novelty haircut.dont start me on the frames - every1 of their songs start the same,sounds the same and ends the same,with their thunderbird dave odlum or whatever the **** he's called. - Paddy casey had the sense to **** off to Australia - he's got talent.

i can't believe that there are people as bitter and cynical as u around!exactly how many times have you heard the frames?it cant be that many,because then there would be no fathomable way you could say they were sh*te.they may not be to everyones tastes,but they are not sh*te.

if you dont like any irish music(which is v.hard2believe since there are so many diverse types) thats fine.nobody minds if you want to sit at home and stare at the wall-or whatever it is you enjoy doing-moaning about the state of our charts,but do you really have to shout about it?i know that this is a message board for everyones opinions,but remember that this is also a website for music lovers so what the fu*k people like you are doing on here i'll never know.

oh and about being ashamed of being from the same country as joan of arse- im sure more people are ashamed of being from the same country as you.
    :mad:

"begrudgery" - what are you on about you fat spotty teenage mess - the revs can suck my cock and when their finished they can tell their mates in Joan of Arse to **** each other in the mouth - Ireland has a bollox music scene.Im off to manchester.

dear,dear,dear,someone cant control themselves!im not fat,i dont have spots,i may be a teenager but i am certainly not a mess.at least i wouldnt lower myself to insulting someones personal appearance when i've never even met them-seems you're less mature than a "teenage mess"-how does it feel?!?

and im sure the revs have better thing to be doing than sucking your cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolfbag

...though at least if the Revs were smoking Lammas' pink cigar (hang on, how many of them is there? could they all get on there at once? Or would they take turns, as if they were in a recording studio, rhythm or vocals first, hah? I'm sure Lammas will say its big enough for say, the whole of Jools Holland's Big Band to all get on there at once for a go if they want, but can we believe him? I reckon there's some practicalities to be worked out here before the Revs and whoever else oul' Lammas is after taking a shine to can finally chow down...but hey, I'm wandering) they mightn't have as much time to churn out any oh-look-we-nearly-used-a-rude-word-in-a-song sub-Wheatus rawk, which could only be a good thing. I'd say Lammas might get a bit of pleasure out of it and all, though I don't think it'd float my boat now to be honest...

You never answered my question properly.

Paddy Cassey? U2? Phhh

I'm glad you're going to Manchester but don't come back here when they don't want you either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

ok right i don't personally liek the frames at all... but i guess i sorta respect their music i mean if they wanna go around playing music all over the world Fair enough i mean i don't HAVE to listen to it if i don't want to.
    to be honest i'd rather associate The Frames and Brando and some other irish bands with Ireland. Imagine if your English i mean you have to accept the fact that Embrace are english, i mean noel gallagher is bad enough with some irish blood in him i'm just glad he lives in england.

Irish music in my opinion is'nt that great at the moment, well i mean its good for some just not for me. I'm not trying to be obscure or trying to get on peoples nerves like Lammas but the fact it is until i hear something i really like out of ireland i'll continue to wait or even do something myself.

Well whatever ..... i mean i can be cynical if i want to but i'm not gonna ram it down your throat and say its the word of God.

Music Scenes are not started i don't think just the facilities and gig oppurtunities (not record contracts#) must be there to spur people on. I wonder how many bands don't get off ground level because they can't find a drummer nor can they be given the chance to play in a venue. Its not about being successful its about having a laugh maybe arguing and possibly *maybe* enjoying yourself. You do what you wanna do an i'll do what i wanna do and we can criticise as much as we want positive or negative but who cares its your life.....

Advertisement