Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Song!!!

Options
  • 19-01-2002 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Rightyo!

This is a new song I wrote with a friend of mine, the song is about a young couple who met and fell in love and the woman the bloke fell in love with died and he's dreaming that she's alive again, yes basically a wrist slitter like most of the other stuff I write but I think sad songs r0x0rs, anyhoo the song is almost finished, there are a few mistakes but have a listen and tell me what you think of the base of it ;)

It's called "In My Dreams"

http://www.esatclear.ie/~mglsite/temp/In%20My%20Dreams.mp3

PS. Try and listen to all of it, I throw some high notes in the second chorus.

Thanks
    Yurma.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by tibor
    *yawn*

You tired? :p

Care to elaborate? Tis a learning process so tell me what you don't like about it! That's if you can be @rsed

Yurma

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's good but there's only so much u can do with a guitar y'know?

Very atmospheric and personal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

There's an awful lot you can do with a guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Acoustic Guitar + Vocals + Mic

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by PiE
    Acoustic Guitar + Vocals + Mic

?

Yep! I really want to get my hands on a fender *drool* I want to add a strum and picking to this, picking done with the fender.

Yurma

PS. Anyone selling a decent fender?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

'sgood.

Ditto on the athmospheric etc.

Unfair of Tibor to announce 'yawn'.

Problem with, as you've admitted to it being yourself, the wristslasher style, is that if it's too long, it results in a high rate of listener depression.

Puts me in mind of background music for a highlands setting at dusk, there's a lake in there somewhere, with a pretty enough girl in a suitably ethereal pale dress up to her thighs in the lake water looking back over one shoulder at the watcher, expression beseeching...

Hmm, must go and walk around the block and have a cigarette and formulate an idea. Thanks.

Advertisement