Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small suggestion

Options
  • 19-01-2002 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Would it be possible to have a spell checker available on the Board. Or is there one already that i just cant find ? Or is there one that i could use that does not have to be in Lotus or Microsoft. I know this might sound silly but i do have genunine reasons for asking.

Thank you.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There used to be a spell checker, I used to think it came in handy at times, I wondered where it dissapeared to,
    It went after the change of of versions of bulletin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i'd be for it, god knows my spelling can be terible at times *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

So would it be possible to have it on here ? I am sure it would not take that much to to actually do it. It would really help spme people that post here. Ok the p looks like an o. But it would really help a lot of people here if we could spell check out posts on the Boards b 4 posting. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Unless you all have broadband, id imagien it woudl be pretty slow. id also imagine it would slow the boards down allot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

You could use www.dictionary.com either.

• Advertisement

It was just a thought on my behalf. If it effects the board in any way please ignore it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I think it used to be a free feature of a certain site that you could send your form via their site and it would run specified form elements (the message field in our case) through a spell checker. Unfortunately, it seems, they started charging for this feature and so Boards.ie, in their wisdom, stopped using it.

I seem to remember Cloud saying something along those lines... I could be wrong, as I've had a few pints tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dont know why its gone, but it wasnt slow. It was fairly zippy actually:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

it was nice, and especially good after youd had a few pints as the spelling goes out the window then.

Well it seem's a few people liked the idea. :) So i formally request that a spell checking feture be added to the Boards. If i am posting this in the wrong place could someone please re-direct it to where it shoud be please.

Thank you :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I take it you missed the point..
    The spell checker was free,
    now they charge a price for it, boards.ie is run at a no profit scale, so are you willing to pay?

No i didnt miss the point. But there has to be more than 1 FREE spell checker out there ? Forgive me if i am wrong. :) And yes i would be willing to pay :)

Ok, maybe there're some free ones out there..
    By saing paying, I ment pay for the spell checker for boards.ie, not like an indavidual payment..
    If you want to pay for boards.ie to get it then contact Cloud, DeVore ASAP :)

By saying Paying i ment that i would not mind paying a small fee every time i used it on the Board :D But as i said b 4 if its too much hassle to do or costs too much just leave it. So long as people dont mind putting up with my terrible spelling LOL! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

why not just use microsoft word? automatic spell checker.... and its kinda free.

why not just use microsoft word? automatic spell checker.... and its kinda free

Errrrm can you read my first post please ?

Advertisement